Chino Air Museum

Lackland82

I take my son to the Chino Air Museum in Chino, California from time to time and we have a blast. some nice planes from different countries that fought in the war. they have a WW1 section, WW2 section, Korean War section, Vietnam Section, and a modern military section. they even have a boneyeard which is home to many tanks and planes, including a nightfighter Tigercat. they are working on a german aircraft to fly at the next airshow as well. next time we go i will take some pics to add to the thread. anyone else been there?

Fred

I used to go out to their annual show in the early 80s. That's where I got to meet people like George Gay and Pappy Boyington. Pretty great airshow!!!

they do have a great airshow. we havent made it out in a couple years. last year because of some major sun burns and this year we were out of town. but the ones before that were great, they had a C47 that participated in the DDAY landings. it was cool to go inside and look around.

Steve Hinton, their head honcho, always brings one of their warbirds over to perform in "Flying Legends" at Duxford, England, each year.

• 1 month later...

Yes many times took the wife (and me) there in Nov changes all the time they are restoring the "Picadilly Lilly" finally wanted the t-shirt but only had smaller "weeny" size :(

love the place try not to miss it the wife liked it too so can go back when in SOCAL

claymore

My son loves going through the museum and he likes going inside the B17 outside. Everytime I go there I check on my favorite plane, the Tigercat nightfighter variation, wish I had the $1 million to restore it!! Too bad it is sitting in their boneyard. :(

• 1 year later...