• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
jbassmaster18

MK 2A1 Grenade

Hey all, new to this forum.

I had a box of .38 special under the tree to feed my new victory model revolver, as well as this:

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Its a legit WW2 Mk 2A1 pineapple grenade!! Manufactured by American Fireworks company. (which I believe made grenades up to 1943) I saw this at a gunshow in November and the seller told me the black handle is quite rare. I dont know if this is true or not, but does anyone here know?? I was SOOO bummed when I went back to purchase it and it was gone. My Dad snuck back to the show before me and bought it!!! Like I said this morning:

"Nothing says I love you like explosives!!!" (yes it is DE-milled)

Very nice..any chance of adding a pic of the top of the spoon? Do you know if the fuze is repo or original? Great present from Santa..congrats. :thumbsup:

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

Here is the top of the spoon. (sorry it took me awhile.)

IMG_0561.jpg

I dont know alot about it, but I assume it is original.

Nice M10A2 spoon, made by eastman kodak..not sure about the black paint being original anything is possible with these. Great lookin frag. All you need is a WWII pull pin, the one on there now is post WWII. Nice pick up. :thumbsup:

Nice M10A2 spoon, made by eastman kodak..not sure about the black paint being original anything is possible with these. Great lookin frag. All you need is a WWII pull pin, the one on there now is post WWII. Nice pick up. :thumbsup:

Where can I get a WW2 pull pin??

Nice one! I have heard that in order to make these legal, you need to have drilled a hole in the bottom, is that true?

Weren't the spoons usually an adonized green and tip dipped in either black or a rust red paint?

Wayne

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Weren't the spoons usually an adonized green and tip dipped in either black or a rust red paint?

Wayne

Here are some original spoons i have in my collection..

post-2677-1325552077.jpg

Where can I get a WW2 pull pin??

JB,

Found one for ya...PM me an address and it will be on its way. Only hitch is you gotta post a pic with the new pull pin on after you get it. AND you gotta post on this thread that youll do it. :rolleyes:

Last two guys who said they would post a pic with the part I gave them never did.. :thumbdown: Not cool :blink:

Credit where credit is due!

Mike (Dirt Detective) is a great guy. He supplied me with a correct fuse assembly for my M15 restoration project in 2010. Thanks again Mike!

Here is the link of that grenade. (sorry, dont mean to hijack)

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...;hl=phosphorous

Regards,

Stijn

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif
donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.