Travel Channel 'Wild Camping' --> Normandy Episode

PRT

Received a copy of the above mentioned TV show today. The presenter spend some time as my friends house at La Fiere on

D-Day last June, interviewing the host and the family veteran friend, Earl Geoffrion of 507th PIR. Was amazed how they

managed to cut a perfectly good interview to an under 1 minute item, leaving all good stuff on the editing floor. After that

she was shown visiting the Parachutage (that was not to be due to the weather), next to the B&B of another friend. She did

interview another veteran though, and guys like Bill Sullivan and Zane Schlemmer where shown briefly.

The host was 'Wild Camping' in Europe, just alone on her bike with bare essentials.

Well, after seen the reality, the crew, cushy mini-van, the assistant driving the bike and all that... the magic is kinda gone

with this show. But glad they did show some of the commemorations and gave an overall impression of D-Day in Normandy

(with a zillion uniformed re-enactors).

It is funny though, that these days Travel Channel has more WWII History than the History Channel.

No time for WWII if you have Swamp Road Lobster Trucker Axe Shrimp Silverfish Catchers to show ;-)

If the Aliens were here, I guess they wouldn't be into our prehistoric ways of chucking wood, dynamiting for gators or ice road trucking.

They'd be collecting real size WWII battleships from the ocean floor.

And using that hoverboard I've been waiting for since Back to the Future...

craig_pickrall

There are a lot of channels here that carry what the History Channel used to carry. We have a Military Channel now that has nothing but military related shows 24 / 7 / 365.

Military channel needs to get some new programs, though. Every other weekend I gotta flip past Windtalkers. They've gotten a bit obscure with some kind of haunted bull-pucky here and there too. They do get more of my time than History does, though, and have played some really good documentaries, from the Doolittle Raid, to War Dogs of the Pacific. I think triggers is theirs, right? I gave the first show a chance, but it lost me when they actually stacked the Luger up against the 1911. That reenactor should have thrown his P08 in the dirt and mud, THEN see how "superior" his pistol was. John Browning wasn't afraid of a little dirt!

Would love to ad the Military Channel to the cable selection, but we already have the Deluxe Extra Complete Special All Inn And A Sausage Pack... and History is as good as it gets right now. (Next to the Food Network).