My US Helmet Collection

B24AT6

Who ever knew a bunch of round, stamped metal, compressed fiber and plastic could look so beautiful?! ;) Thanks for sharing, you have a stunning collection!

WW2collector97

Wow! I love that captain helmet that sould have been mine!

I'm just kidding, its a very nice helmet and I'm happy a forum member got it...

Great collection. :thumbsup:

-Timothy

Since you mentioned it,

IMG_0925.jpg

(They're all live and fully registered.)

Well, I don't mean to hijack this helmet thread as you do have some outstanding lids displayed here. But I really must ask about the real "star" in the photo, the M1917 BMG in the middle of the room. Do you have any history on this piece? It's rare to find a real M1917 but about 10 times as rare to find a real M1917 tripod to put it on. Just an amazing setup there.

Oh, and the hardcore grenade collector in me couldn't help but notice the T13 and T13E1 lurking below the the Browning. Those are pretty special too. Thanks a lot for posting this great photo.

Well, I don't mean to hijack this helmet thread as you do have some outstanding lids displayed here. But I really must ask about the real "star" in the photo, the M1917 BMG in the middle of the room. Do you have any history on this piece? It's rare to find a real M1917 but about 10 times as rare to find a real M1917 tripod to put it on. Just an amazing setup there.

Oh, and the hardcore grenade collector in me couldn't help but notice the T13 and T13E1 lurking below the the Browning. Those are pretty special too. Thanks a lot for posting this great photo.

Some More Pics:

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

I have no history on this gun, I bought it from Bob Landis of Ohio Ordnance in the 1980's. It is a NE Westinghouse, serial #123XXX.

Thanks for the additional images. A truly beautiful gun and tripod. My 1917A1 is also a Westinghouse, a 1930s rebuild that came from Florida in the late 1990s. It came from the estate of Bob Miller in Houston, the noted collector of Thompsons and M16s.

We're both lucky to have had the MG bug early enough that things were still reasonably affordable. Before the Internet price surges. I see some other good choices, too. Very nice collection.