How do you display your medals??

DevilDan1900

How do I display my medals? Well throw all over a table of course....

Well, that is until I get a glass display case for the cased medals and a riker case for the unboxed/cased medals

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I promised I would post photos of my cases when I got them done so Here they are. I made one for the USMC medal grouping attributed to MSgt Millard McCloud and one for the USMC medal grouping for Pvt. Ralph Parcaut. All lined with purple velvet and form fitted to each medal.

***COLLECTOR NOTE***

All collectors should note that the individual who initially started this post has been banned and his posts are now being reviewed for authenticity.

Our main interest at USMF is making sure collectors are aware and can learn about period pieces. And, having non-original pieces as guides does a disservice to all. The administration encourages members having detailed information regarding the item being a fake, reproduction, and/or put together to come forward and post it here or in other threads.

For more information regarding the user “DevilDan1900” and the cause for this review, please see below link:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=15227

post-156-1200478036.jpg

Here's some closeups. I placed the prepared medal boards themselves back in the ryker cases just to protect them for now as I intend to get wood frames for them at some point. I am also going to get some brass tags engraved with the name of the serviceman to go in the case above each group.

***COLLECTOR NOTE***

All collectors should note that the individual who initially started this post has been banned and his posts are now being reviewed for authenticity.

Our main interest at USMF is making sure collectors are aware and can learn about period pieces. And, having non-original pieces as guides does a disservice to all. The administration encourages members having detailed information regarding the item being a fake, reproduction, and/or put together to come forward and post it here or in other threads.

For more information regarding the user “DevilDan1900” and the cause for this review, please see below link:

post-156-1200478345.jpg

A closeup of the Ralph Parcaut medals. I really like the look of them, each recessed into their place, has a very squared away and elegant look.

***COLLECTOR NOTE***

post-156-1200478478.jpg

Another:

***COLLECTOR NOTE***

post-156-1200478568.jpg

The MSgt McCloud Grouping:

***COLLECTOR NOTE***

post-156-1200478672.jpg

Chris, fantastic presentation on your awards (I could expect no less considering the presentation of your uniform groupings). I have a fair number of personal groupings. I primarily use the custom wood/glass cases and add an etched biographic plate to each. I can't get over the extent and quality of your collection. Jack

Chris, fantastic presentation on your awards (I could expect no less considering the presentation of your uniform groupings). I have a fair number of personal groupings. I primarily use the custom wood/glass cases and add an etched biographic plate to each. I can't get over the extent and quality of your collection. Jack

Thanks Jack for your kind words. I am glad I have something for you to enjoy.

A little history of the framed medals if you would allow me. The frame with the 3 MOH was made to occupy my time in the long nights that I could not sleep. I was dying from stage 4 cancer and the treatments were killing me to the point I could no longer sleep. I was so sleep deprived it occupied my mind to try and redirect the pain I was in. A close look at the frame when it was hanging in the office shows these imperfections. However, I decide as time went by not to correct it for it is like a momento into a very hard time in my life I thought I would never had survived. this is one of three I did during this time. One is all ribbons and the other all minis. Just a little history behind the frame.

4starchris

I mostly see people use Riker mounts. The ones I use are similar to what Dave posted (except one main clasp in the center instead of the two that Dave's has). I found mine at a local hobby store. So you may check in your area and see if they have something similar. That might save you a few bucks on shipping. :)

Great displays, guys!

IMPERIAL QUEST

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...c=7683&st=0

The above thread will show varying methods of display. The picture below shows how I display groupings; maybe this will be helpful. I separate them using 1/2 x1/2 oak sections that I simply place between the groups to produce "boundries" or borders. I picked up the display case for about $150.00 from an antiques dealer that was going out of business.