B-17 on pawn stars tonight

carbinephalen

carbinephalen

I know pawn stars has its ups and downs but this is one beautiful plane. I was lucky enough to also see this one in action up close! An experience of a lifetime! It comes on history in 10 minutes!

Chumlee is a fool. :thumbdown:

That is putting it mildly. I feel like I loose copious amounts of brain cells anytime I see him, or hear him open his pie hole.

It's a very cool plane. If you get the opportunity to go, it's worth it. Here is a photo I took from the radio operators position.

post-78-1324369047.jpg

As much as I love those big birds, teaming it with the Old Man and Chumlee was disrespectful. It was a non event with as little air time and engagement with the crew as it got. Plus, the Old Man fell asleep (posed, I'm sure). And the arrogance of the Old Man when he said "I should have bought it." Rrriiiiight!

Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

carbinephalen

Call me a stickler...but I also felt that Chumlee acted very disrespectful, definitely not the way one needs to act in such "hallowed ground" when I went for mine, there were many local USAAF veterans there who hadn't seen a B17 in 65+ years. One of my favorite parts was seeing the excitement in their eyes as they walked through the cramped plane....reliving their days in service. :thumbsup:

That's NOT being a "stickler"! That's the difference between being a knowledgeable and respectful person, and being a stupid television promoter.

(No offence meant to anybody on this forum ;) )