Looking for chevron opinions ....

blkjack07

What do you guys think this is .... Theater-made? Law enforcement? Not even US?

The stripes look silver in color, and don't have the yellowish tinge from the flash that the photo has. Quality is not great.

Thanks for any and all opinions.

post-8076-1324240697.jpg

What do you guys think this is .... Theater-made? Law enforcement? Not even US?

The stripes look silver in color, and don't have the yellowish tinge from the flash that the photo has. Quality is not great.

Thanks for any and all opinions.

post-8076-1324240697.jpg

A pair of really faded U.S. Army silver/white Sergeant chevrons embroiderd on black twill I'm thinking, these type where very common on the khaki EM shirts, which where worn in the summer moths would have subjected them to fading by the sun, coupled with these Khaki cotton twill shirts being washed in the normal way.

A pair of really faded U.S. Army silver/white Sergeant chevrons embroiderd on black twill I'm thinking, ...

It's not a pair.... it's the front and back of a single chevron. It's embroidered on twill for sure, but not black, I think.... the embroidered black edge is not faded....

It's not a pair.... it's the front and back of a single chevron. It's embroidered on twill for sure, but not black, I think.... the embroidered black edge is not faded....

That was my intial impression of these patches, one patch as it turns out, that stumps me then, it is however made in the identical style of the above mentioned WWII ranks. Very difficult to know really what organization this was for, more than likely as one of your guess', police.