P1942 USMC Camo Jacket

2ad82recon

Guest Paramarine

I agree with Camopara. The P42s are getting to be like gold. But, look at the numbers made in WW II compared to M42 jump suits.

According to both "Grunt Gear" and Glenn's book, WW II US HBT camo was made in Army weave only. In fact, as stated earlier, Marine weave HBT (green) was only used on P41s (and P44s), but Army weave cloth was used from time to time to fill an order. So, it's possible and correct to have either a mixed Marine and Army weave item, or an item made to the Marine pattern but from Army weave cloth.

Paramarine,

I have never seen USMC camo made from 'Marine weave' HBT, it is always on army weave. I have seen both weaves on P44 caps.

Don't give up, it happens! I found the jacket in the picture below at a local Goodwill three or four years ago. I was on a side of town I rarely visited, passed a Goodwill store, and on a whim decided to check it out. The jacket is in excellent condition, and is stencilled with a name I was able to trace to a local veteran who had served in World War II, then earned a Silver Star as a battalion commander in Vietnam.

post-265-1167963057.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a MINT set of Jungle cammo, I think they are 42's, and I dont think they were ever worn. I listed them on this sight once. Any idea what a collector would pay. They were my great uncles, who fought and died in the islands in ww2. They shipped his gear home, and my father left it to me.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I have a MINT set of Jungle cammo, I think they are 42's, and I dont think they were ever worn. I listed them on this sight once. Any idea what a collector would pay. They were my great uncles, who fought and died in the islands in ww2. They shipped his gear home, and my father left it to me.

Thanks

Hai,

About your great uncles cammo shirts, a pair off these named and in mint condition, will be valuable.

But what a colletor will pay?? Maybe 1000 $, can on ebay also be more.

Can / will you post a picture again?

Dutchie

• 1 year later...

i recently came across what i believe is a legitimate HBT camoflage field jacket. the jacket is the reversible tan inside and green outside with a splotchy camoflage pattern and the tag inside the right front breast pocket is labeled as Brauer Gressman co. and a date of what appears to be 1945. although the last digit is mildly washed out on the tag it has the appearance of a 5. there is mild wear a few paint spots and minor burn damage. i was surfing your forums and online and could not find a generalized price for such an item or history on it. i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on my jacket and determine whether i should keep it or sell it. i have pictures available if needed. also it would be good to know if it is a fake/replica or real. much thanks -kyle

i recently came across what i believe is a legitimate HBT camoflage field jacket. the jacket is the reversible tan inside and green outside with a splotchy camoflage pattern and the tag inside the right front breast pocket is labeled as Brauer Gressman co. and a date of what appears to be 1945. although the last digit is mildly washed out on the tag it has the appearance of a 5. there is mild wear a few paint spots and minor burn damage. i was surfing your forums and online and could not find a generalized price for such an item or history on it. i was wondering if anyone could fill me in on my jacket and determine whether i should keep it or sell it. i have pictures available if needed. also it would be good to know if it is a fake/replica or real. much thanks -kyle

Sounds like an Army pattern jacket.Pictures wold help.The army pattern had two chest pockets and are not a true reversible as there are no existing pockets on the tan side.Hard to find in good plus condition or better.If you collect WW2 US its a keeper for the collection.Price can be $350 plus++ on any given day or if the right buyer has to have it.Condition and size are always a determing factor in asking price.

RD

are you serious? thats legit, its just the jacket though and no pants, with some paint/primer spots all smaller than a dime, do you think this will change the price? i actually picked up this jacket for 20 bucks at an airsoft field.

unfortunately i cant upload pics because i cant get the file size reduced for it to fit. i'll work on it and post as soon as possible

• 8 years later...

I had a Japanese kid come to my shop and bought thousands of dollars on ww2 marine corps uniforms. He ran a second hand clothing store in Japan an said ww2 marine corps uniforms and gear were very popular in Japan. I wasn’t going to sell much to him but he gave me prices that couldn’t be beat.