A little help

gijoe1966

Sorry Guys, I think this is a pretty basic question. I picked up a M1 helmet cheap on Craigslist this week for the purpose of stripping and repainting for my 10 year old airsoft soldier as a Christmas gift. I wanted to double check with some experts to make sure I should do this. It's a rear seam in decent shape with a small dent on top. Take a quick look for me if you will and give me the go ahead. Thanks All

post-48397-1323918905.jpg

post-48397-1323918922.jpg

post-48397-1323918854.jpg

post-48397-1323918878.jpg

post-48397-1323918960.jpg

Sorry Guys, I think this is a pretty basic question. I picked up a M1 helmet cheap on Craigslist this week for the purpose of stripping and repainting for my 10 year old airsoft soldier as a Christmas gift. I wanted to double check with some experts to make sure I should do this. It's a rear seam in decent shape with a small dent on top. Take a quick look for me if you will and give me the go ahead. Thanks All

post-48397-1323918905.jpg

post-48397-1323918922.jpg

post-48397-1323918854.jpg

post-48397-1323918878.jpg

post-48397-1323918960.jpg

Tell how you will do this, for instance it would not be necessary to strip it to the bare metal, helments that where repainted and reissued where rarelly striped, they where simply painted over, one thing if you hav'nt already thought of it, you will want to remove the old chin strap clamps. If you would want, you can also push out the dent by taking a light weight rounded end dumbell and hiting the bulge inside the dome, this will make it right.

I would recommend adding a used camo helmet cover and maybe wiping out the inside of the shell and cleaning it out a little, repainting isnt necessary, looks best a little used & salty

I can see it still has some nice rough texture on the outside of the shell

I would recommend adding a used camo helmet cover and maybe wiping out the inside of the shell and cleaning it out a little, repainting isnt necessary, looks best a little used & salty

I can see it still has some nice rough texture on the outside of the shell

I'll argee to that, I earlier said it will not be necessary to strip it to the bare metal, thats some I would do, but it would be good to remove the chin strap clamps and get replacements which are easy to buy.