My first tiger stripe shirt, tadpole dense.

hochiminhtrail

hochiminhtrail

Hi everybody,

just wanted to show you my first Ts shirt that i got from a friend in the US, it has Vietnamese markings AM TO 78, now that i have the book from Johnson it s being very helpful to see the differences, question to the old time collectors whats would this tunic been named before the book, gold or silver?? because i just see a bluish tone in the dark stripes. my guess it would have been gold due to the otherwise brownish pattern.

Cheers

Alex

post-1849-1197049896.jpg

Hello,

I think gold or silver pattern don't apply for the pattern of your shirt, because when your shirt fades, the camo will turn grey or dark grey

Cheers

Hi everybody,

just wanted to show you my first Ts shirt that i got from a friend in the US, it has Vietnamese markings AM TO 78, now that i have the book from Johnson it s being very helpful to see the differences, question to the old time collectors whats would this tunic been named before the book, gold or silver?? because i just see a bluish tone in the dark stripes. my guess it would have been gold due to the otherwise brownish pattern.

Cheers

Alex

hochiminhtrail

thanks Copran

on this shirt the dark stripes turn Purple, is this regarded as something bad because of the loss of it s original color?

i must say that i really like the purple coloration on it, it s not much but i think you can see it a little.

Cheers

Alex

Hello,

I think gold or silver pattern don't apply for the pattern of your shirt, because when your shirt fades, the camo will turn grey or dark grey

Cheers

Hello,

Du to the printing process and the quality of the color, some black stripes turned to blue or purple just after few washings, and this situation is widespread for all tiger stripes pattern.

So blue or purple tones are the warranty of authenticity for all Vietnam era TS.

Cheers

thanks Copran

on this shirt the dark stripes turn Purple, is this regarded as something bad because of the loss of it s original color?

i must say that i really like the purple coloration on it, it s not much but i think you can see it a little.

Cheers

Alex

hochiminhtrail

merci Copran, i do understand why i can be adictive TS pattern are very nice, so i m really starting slowly just getting a few items at a time so can evaluate and learn.

on this pattern its TO 78 AM the M is for medium i guess, so Asian L is even bigger then this one, i thought that asian medium is very very small but its actually not that bad, from what i have been reading in johnsons books is that a size can vary a lot( am i correct ?), probably due to different manufatcturer ?

thanks

Alex

Hello,

Du to the printing process and the quality of the color, some black stripes turned to blue or purple just after few washings, and this situation is widespread for all tiger stripes pattern.

So blue or purple tones are the warranty of authenticity for all Vietnam era TS.

Cheers