The use of foliage as additional helmet camo.

Sabrejet

• 2 months later...

Never ceases to amaze me the level of knowledge and opinions spewed by guys who never bothered to serve 5 minutes.

Learn this, "Different day, different stuff." Applies to any and all aspects of service and service life.

Never ceases to amaze me the level of knowledge and opinions spewed by guys who never bothered to serve 5 minutes.

Learn this, "Different day, different stuff." Applies to any and all aspects of service and service life.

Mike,

Dont post on this forum.

You bring nothing of merit and are pathetic.

owen

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is the best topic to post this but it is too good to not share. This appears to be a 25th Infantry Division soldier in Vietnam wearing some sort of scrim camouflage that looks like it would be better suited for Arctic operations.

post-1761-0-33853700-1458739099.jpg

Helmet looks sideways.

I think what happened there was he put this cloth thing over the chinstrap when tucking the excess material between the shell and the liner, the strap being fixed around the back in the usual manner, and now the strap on both sides with their metal bracket made the cloth protrude.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
seanmc1114

Soldiers of the 25th Infantry Division in Hawaii - 1956. The use of foliage as camouflage seems to be pretty much negated by all of the full color insignia, including DUI's worn on the epaulettes.

post-1761-0-04070400-1464317502.jpg

attachicon.gif1972.jpg

Ft Benning GA, 197th Inf Bde (Sep),I think, The date is however 1972.

Hey patches,

That yellow flowering plant is "scotch broom" and it grows in the Pacific Northwest. So, I would assume, the picture was more likely taken at Ft. Lewis with a 9th Div. soldier.

If you have pollen allergies then you definitely want to stay away from this stuff.

SEABEE SON

I have a Japanese IJN cover with heavy screw pine foliage inserted in improvised slits made with a bayonet. Very reminiscent of the slots on USMC camo covers of the period. Probably a sniper cover.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is the best topic to post this but it is too good to not share. This appears to be a 25th Infantry Division soldier in Vietnam wearing some sort of scrim camouflage that looks like it would be better suited for Arctic operations.

Curtains for sure !

Very groovy.

Who owns this picture ?

owen

• 1 month later...

Photo by Tan Hiep on Flicker.

Nifty camouflage right

post-34986-0-87265700-1469850360.jpg

11 Apr 1968, Saigon, Vietnam --- 4/11/1968-Saigon, Vietnam: Sergeant Daniel Lederman of Miami, FL, keeps the season in perspective with his helmet decorated in Easter-type flowers April 11. Lederman's outfit, the 25th Infantry Division, is participating in Operation Complete Victory in the III Corps area. --- Image by © Bettmann/CORBIS