Medical bottle

drown1981

Hi everyone.

A few weeks ago I was walking along one of the European battlefield of WWII and I found this bottle on a site in the vicinity of some old foxholes. It looks like some kind of medical bottle and the lid shows some small holes, probably made by a syringe.

There is some brownish fluid left inside which looks like iodine. Who can tell me more about the bottle?

IMG_4713.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

Isn't morphine colorless? This substance is brownish in color....

Maybe? It was just a guess. But it's spent 65 years lying in a field so who knows what kind of chemical changes can take place over time? :think:

Hi everyone.

A few weeks ago I was walking along one of the European battlefield of WWII and I found this bottle on a site in the vicinity of some old foxholes. It looks like some kind of medical bottle and the lid shows some small holes, probably made by a syringe.

There is some brownish fluid left inside which looks like iodine. Who can tell me more about the bottle?

IMG_4713.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

I would say it is general design of medical bottles through decades. I remember very well such bottles from my childhood (1960s). They were the Pfizer-made. Hard to say if your specimen comes from WWII era. Only top expert of medical equipment would be able to decide what is it.

Regards

Gregory

I have a few bottles of this type in my collection. A forummember picked them up at on old aid station near Wesel (operation Varsity). So far, no luck in trying to find out what they used to contain... !

rgds

Bart

We have several forum members who collect medical items. I'm sure if/when they see the bottle they'll be able to positively identify it?

Having been in medical field on the side for a while, I can tell you it's an injectable medications bottle, but they look the same through the years. Can't help as far as military or not.

craig_pickrall

Is that a white plastic top? If so I don't think it would be very old. The medical bottles that were used in the early 50's had a metal ring as a top with an open center where there was a rubber piece exposed to stick the needle through. I looked to see if I had a bottle of that type in my photos and I do not. I think that style bootle had been in use for many years and at the least prior to WW2.

Is that a white plastic top? If so I don't think it would be very old. The medical bottles that were used in the early 50's had a metal ring as a top with an open center where there was a rubber piece exposed to stick the needle through. I looked to see if I had a bottle of that type in my photos and I do not. I think that style bootle had been in use for many years and at the least prior to WW2.

My bottle has a metal ring as a top. The center is rubber and has some holes in it. Looks like they have been made by a syringe. It definitely looks old.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...