Anyone used Replicaters Out of India

otter42

Shawn Sturgill

I do not have any personal experience with them, but I have heard horror stories about extremely bad items, rip offs, etc. Like the above poster suggested, I doubt I would take the risk.

Shawn Sturgill

I do not have any personal experience with them, but I have heard horror stories about extremely bad items, rip offs, etc. Like the above poster suggested, I doubt I would take the risk.

I've heard really bad stories, especially from people that have sent them things to copy. They are the reason that Alan Crane (AEF Supply) went under. They worked to make some WW1 US items from his material under the deal they would make it for no one else. Of course they they cut him off, reportedly stole some of his money and started selling the materials to others leaving him holding the bag.

I have personally run into someone in the US who looked like they were shilling for them, specifically their German products. making extravagant claims (especially about their production of film props which just is not true), and violently attacking anyone that says anything negative about them. I can't say for sure they were working on for the company, but they made a lot of claims I found very suspect and hard to believe. Some, relating to film costumes were just plain wrong.

I did, at one point, ask them about making something for me, and they claimed they could make anything- no problem, then proceededed to show they had absolutely no idea of what they were talking about.

So the result is: be careful, be very careful, when dealing with them.

oskar_2ndchev

Don't waste your money- they're bad news. I know two people who ordered items and in each instance it wasn't what they ordered and the workmanship and materials were substandard, not to mention the lengthy times it took to fill each order. They also have a habit of "borrowing" pictures for their website from other vendors. :thumbdown:

I have personally dealt with them and the quality of their work has ranged from ok to down right horrible. Do not waste your time or money dealing with these people.

I wouldn’t trust them at all. I have known three people who tried them and all of them were hosed. One poor guy wanted them to make WW2 MP leather gear and shipped an original set so they could draw patterns off it. The problem was they unstitched everything as part of the pattern making! They ruined a great condition set and what he got back looked like it was made out of painted cardboard! It was some kind of cheap fake leather. It’s a good thing they were so far away, if they’d been in the US, I know he would have driven or flown to them to take his frustrations out on them! :thumbdown: