Medal of Honor on US eBay

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but wanted to bring attention to someone that's trying to sneak a MOH ribbon under eBay's radar. They're just advertising it as a USA ribbon bar with light blue and white starts. The description is vague but the photo leaves no room for interpertation:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Ribbon-Bar-Wat...=item4cfc9d27c9

While its just the ribbon and not the medal itself, is there any use in turning over the information to FBI? The guy obviously knows what it is from the price and how to skate around the description so as not to raise many red flags. For $150 there's not that many ribbons that would command such a high price to begin with; especially domestic ones post WWII (to be honest can't think of one save the Typhus ribbon which was awarded during WWII (not 100% sure on the timing, just that 150 total were awarded) and any that are in that range usually seem to be pre wwi campaign ones with citation stars on em).

It's always been my feeling that if someone is knowingly trying to avoid the law and gets caught on something that otherwise might get a slap on the wrist or just dropped out of court, should instead get the book thrown at him and spend some quality time with some new friends that endearing call him "fresh fish" and should get harsher than normal punishment for trying to pull the wool over the eyes.

Currently looking for a WWI/WWII Navy DSM.

Always looking for attributed USMC/Navy Silver Stars

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I wouldn't waste time with the FBI, I'd take up to the next level and see if we can't get a Seal Team to take him out for being such an evil doer. :naughty:

Seriously, these MOH threads are becoming so redundant... if it bothers you, just report him to eBay and be done with it.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Personally I agree with the intent of the law, but do not agree with it making the selling of the MOH illegal. Not sure why you would want to report the seller, unless you think this is a crime.

Just my 2 cents

Selling the Medal of Honor itself or the ribbon that represents it is a Federal crime. Title 18, United States Code, Section 704,

704. Military medals or decorations

How Current is This? (a) In General.— Whoever knowingly wears, purchases, attempts to purchase, solicits for purchase, mails, ships, imports, exports, produces blank certificates of receipt for, manufactures, sells, attempts to sell, advertises for sale, trades, barters, or exchanges for anything of value any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States, or any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, or the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration or medal, or any colorable imitation thereof, except when authorized under regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

I used to Customer Supoort to report it to eBay.

I would urge everyone that sees the the eBay listing to do the same and force eBay to take it off and identify the seller to the FBI

Bud

I believe many of today's social ills and political party bickering could be solved by the simple implementation of legalized dueling.

Here we go again!

The original intent of the law was to punish people who wore or displayed medals that they said they earned. The law was NOT suppose to affect the true collector of medals, insignia, and etc.

I know what was written and how it has been applied, but it is still my opinion that it is another example of a good idea going to far. If collectors of militaria are breaking the law by dealing with U.S. government medals and decorations, then how the heck can collectors of U.S. government issued currency not be violating the same type of law?

Once again, I guess I cannot understand how some people think.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Sell and / or trade items: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/36tex/Military Collectables For Sale or Trade/