Spearhead Militaria?

Shawn Sturgill

Shawn Sturgill

I was wondering if anyone here has purchased Spearhead Militaria's P41 utilities? If so, what do you have to say about patterning, materials, construction, fit, overall accuracy, etc.?

Thanks,

-Shawn

I have had the shirt for awhile and it seems fine to me, I received a pair of first pattern pants this week as no one else seemed to have any P41 pants in stock in my size, again they seem fine, I haven't got anything to really compare them with, the material is lighter than ATF material and I would recommend buying $10 worth of ATF USMC buttons to have on hand as replacements but for the price I would say they are expectable, I wear a 38 pant and his 38 seems the same as ATF's 38.

I have ordered two German m43 style caps and have been happy with these. For under $30 they're quite nice. The ETO jacket I ordered... less so. The body was too long, the shoulders were too big, even on the XL. It's also unlined, contrary to the originals.

Essentially hit or miss. Try to get measurements from Barry on e-mail if possible. Customer service is decent, my last m43 had customs issues and the communication was OK once I got in contact with them first.

Overall: I would order from them again but would try to get measurements from Barry himself rather relying on the the inaccurate charts on the ebay page.

I'm also pretty sure the wool has polyester mixed in as well. For the price though, it's not a big complaint.

• 2 months later...
dadwasajarhead

I have ordered many items from Spearhead. The finest was the M43 Pile Field Jacket. Was so accurate that even the reproduction cloth labels look slightly yellowed. The brown alpaca fur lining was beautiful. I paid $70.00 plus shipping. I have seen the real deal on E-bay for the same price. I would rather have the clean, new, good-smelling reproduction any day!

I know what the previous thread means about the wool being a blend. The dark brown field pants were all wool. The dark green enlisted man's dress shirt was, however, 50/50 wool/poly. The USMC Khaki Service Shirt and Cotton Khaki Trousers fit like a glove. In fact all of the dress shirts fit beautifully. I love the tapered "Rangoon" dress shirts that Barry makes.

The only complaint that I had was that I had a choice between green, brown, or mixed shade P44 USMC HBT tunics. I picked green, and it came brown. It is a little thinner and softer than the ATF HBTs, but ATF doesn't currently offer P44. I sure wouldn't pay the money that WWII Impressions is asking for theirs!

post-8820-1329027641.jpg