USGI Multicam M65s?

Sabrejet

I know there are already commercially made multicam pattern M65 style field jackets out there. I'm just curious as to whether the US Army has introduced officially contracted examples yet...or if they have plans to do so? :think: Thanks.

post-8022-1323259787.jpg

Haven't seen any over here yet. Everyone gets all the layers of the G3 ECWS or FREE, can't even imagine a purpose for M65s.

Haven't seen any over here yet. Everyone gets all the layers of the G3 ECWS or FREE, can't even imagine a purpose for M65s.

Thanks. So has the M65 been rendered "redundant" by advances in uniform technology and procurement, or is it still regular "garrison issue" in the CONUS?

So has the M65 been rendered "redundant" by advances in uniform technology and procurement, or is it still regular "garrison issue" in the CONUS?

I'd say it's definitely been rendered redundant, as the ECWS covers everything from light windbreaker to arctic parka. And the FREE system is simply some of the best kit that the Army has ever issued me.

Last winter, clothing sales at Ft. Hood had UCP M65s on the rack, and I saw a few people wearing them around post. So if they're not still issue, they're tolerated by sergeants-major.

Actually..... The M65 is still being issued. As for the MC, I very highly doubt it. The ACU M65 is issued as a basic issue to new recruits and they can be bought in clothing sales. I just had a crew-cumber walk past my door with one on, so they are still being used. The reason that I highly doubt the M65 MC is that the pattern is theater specific, only those going to Afghanistan get this pattern, so with rectuits not being sent directly to A-stan, there would be no reason to have a MC M65. I hope that makes sense.

Also, another reason for the M65 is that only deployers get the nice, cool FREE and other neat clothing. Us poor wretches that haven't deployed lately won't get that stuff until the next deployment, so the M65 is really our own options for individual purchase.

Also, another reason for the M65 is that only deployers get the nice, cool FREE and other neat clothing. Us poor wretches that haven't deployed lately won't get that stuff until the next deployment, so the M65 is really our own options for individual purchase.

Better hurry! OCP gear is a limited opportunity, offer expires in 2014! ;)

I'm booking my reservations, but they seem to be a full flight right now, so will have to go on the stand-by list.

On a semi-serious note, I wonder what we will do if the only way we can get equipment is during deployments, I wonder what the plan is after the deployments are over???

On a semi-serious note, I wonder what we will do if the only way we can get equipment is during deployments, I wonder what the plan is after the deployments are over???

Give it all to the Afghans?

Not sure where the young man got his field jacket but he wasn't issued it during Initial Entry Training. I had to wait for the Army to cough up a copy of the current clothing bag and it verifies my story.

The M65 Coat, Cold Weather is now longer issued, in any pattern.

CNY Militaria

Several new Soldiers came to my unit in the past few weeks, wearing ACU M65's. They did not buy them on their own dime.

Several new Soldiers came to my unit in the past few weeks, wearing ACU M65's. They did not buy them on their own dime.

We just had Christmas dinner this sunday and two new recruits had them on. The both of them together couldn't have afforded the cost of one jacket together, let alone each having one.

Solsys, if they aren't getting issued these coats, what are they getting issued? They have to be issued a cold weather jacket and I'm quite sure they aren't getting issued Gortex coats, those are TA-50 items.

i was issued a gortex coat in basic that carried through with me all the way to my first unit, when i transferred i had to turn it in and now i have to wait to get issued whatever they are giving me now.

I'm booking my reservations, but they seem to be a full flight right now, so will have to go on the stand-by list.

There is always Uganda

The current FY12 Clothing Bag list does not have any cold weather coat or jacket on it at all. However, there is always the "issue until exhausted" rule.

However, they still get the Black Trench coat issued, which can still be worn with the ACUs if no other rain gear is issued. They are also issued one set each of both layer I and II of the ECWCS Gen III. So they do still get some cold weather clothing.

The current FY12 Clothing Bag list does not have any cold weather coat or jacket on it at all. However, there is always the "issue until exhausted" rule.

However, they still get the Black Trench coat issued, which can still be worn with the ACUs if no other rain gear is issued. They are also issued one set each of both layer I and II of the ECWCS Gen III. So they do still get some cold weather clothing.

I just talked to my CIF and that is the answer they gave, they are issuing the M65's until the supply is exhausted. So, everyone is right, they are not officially issuing them, but they are.