"My Way" new Korean movie

boyt44

I just saw the preview for this on Korean TV, and this looks like an incredible movie-Two koreans,forced into the Japanese Army in WW2,end up at Normandy,via the Soviet Army. Watch the trailer! (you can click the tab for english)

http://www.myway-movie.co.kr/

It seems like a very interesting movie, Manchuria, Russia, than France, the battle scenes look wild, those tanks are unbeliveable, those soviet T models from the 30s.

Looks like a very interesting movie! I'm guessing it's going to be in very limited release in the US, if at all.

I suppose there will be bootlegs of it on eBay by this time next year, if not sooner.

That movie does look pretty interesting. A few years back there was a Korean movie called "Tae Guk Gi" ("The Brotherhood of War"). It was about 2 South Korean brothers caught up in the Korean War. It was pretty interesting to see the war from the Korean point of view. Even with subtitles the movie was so good that you never lost interest. The battle scenes were some of the most brutal and graphic I have ever seen. I think it was pretty well done.

This new movie "My Way" looks like it was produced by the same folks that made "Brotherhood" and the lead actor is the same guy too. If this new movie is as good as their first offering it should be well worth watching.

Tae Guk Gi - Brotherhood of War

I have read about these guys before-the GIs were dumbfounded when they discovered them during D-Day operations. It just goes to show the complexity of WORLD War II.

It seems like a very interesting movie, Manchuria, Russia, than France, the battle scenes look wild, those tanks are unbeliveable, those soviet T models from the 30s.

Tanks appear to be mock-ups on a modern chassis.

I was just watching the trailer and the CG B-17s, are marked with the Memphis Belle DF-A identification code and have the nose art of Nine o' Nine. :lol:

Though ironically they did both fly out of the same airfield, just not at the same time.

Wow, you got to give them credit from what the trailer shows, what's there is very impressive!

I know next to nothing about Korea prior to 1950 so I'd enjoy much of this without spotting things that might be wrong. :thumbsup:

I have read about these guys before-the GIs were dumbfounded when they discovered them during D-Day operations. It just goes to show the complexity of WORLD War II.

I'm pretty sure they were mentioned in Stephen Ambrose's 'D-Day', captured by the 101st Abn I think. I often wondered whether they ever made it back to Korea, given the post war Soviet penchant for the slaughtering of any its troops who 'turncoated'.

I just saw the preview for this on Korean TV, and this looks like an incredible movie-Two koreans,forced into the Japanese Army in WW2,end up at Normandy,via the Soviet Army. Watch the trailer! (you can click the tab for english)

http://www.myway-movie.co.kr/

Well, as I stated it seems to be an interesting one, but we shall have to see, apart from the usual graphic and expansive battle scenes, I already see one glaring discrepency, in that Koreans where treated as less than second class subjects of the Japanese Empire and all the stuff ever writen in reguards to Koreans serving in the Imperial Army states emphaticaly that Koreans where not allowed in regular Combat formations, this takes place during the fighting in mongolia in the late 30s, there's no way that koreans would have been in the Army as front line combat troops.