WWII Arctic outter bag?

hawkdriver

craig_pickrall

Dave, is that a mummy shaped bag or rectanglular? If rectangular does it have the little "roof"?

Dave, is that a mummy shaped bag or rectanglular? If rectangular does it have the little "roof"?

Craig,

Rectangluar shaped bags with ties at he top and the "shoulder"corner. The padded cover has the little "roof", the pic of the large U.S. is on the "roof". When I'm able I'll unstack some footlockers to look for more. Hope your get over your cold soon.

craig_pickrall

Thanks for the additional info.

Cold has just about run it's course.

Hope your back gets better too. That is tougher to deal with than a cold.

So old...uuh, I mean young (sorry :pinch:) Dave comes through again :w00t: All this time I've had the Cover for the M1941 Bag, and thought it was the Bag. I wondered why it was quilted on one side only...?!?! Now I know what to do with that spare "half-moon"-ended Bag I've had stashed in the closet; thanks buddy!! :thumbsup:

Below is the tag on my (newly discovered) Cover (that "American Pad & Textile" sure gets around); this would explain why there is no tag on the Bag itself, the two being issued as one unit...?

post-3226-1323308186.jpg

Craig,

Thanks. All the Meds I'm taking the back should get better soon. May get back to Roanoke this spring, I'll give you a call.

Jim,

You old Texan :rolleyes: Good talking to you the other night. When are you headed east? Need to unstack the footlockers to look for the other sleep gear :pinch:

Hey, better take your time on that one, pal!! If I can come on back there this next year, I need to time it so we can secure 2 or 3 tables at the next big show in that area...man, I sure miss that Great Western. Oh, but that's OK...now that the City has booted them, there's no more "gun crime" in L.A. :dry: That was the excuse they gave, anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

post-6975-1324469708.jpgpost-6975-1324469695.jpg First off ,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Here's pics of the M-35 Bed Roll with a full air mattress, a quilted comforter and a quilted bag., but I've had a few others through the years that were similar. Private purchase but made to fit, never researched the mfg. A friend talked me out of it a year or so ago. He was kind enough to photo it so I could share.

post-6975-1324470192.jpg

post-6975-1324469708.jpgpost-6975-1324469695.jpg First off ,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Here's pics of the M-35 Bed Roll with a full air mattress, a quilted comforter and a quilted bag., but I've had a few others through the years that were similar. Private purchase but made to fit, never researched the mfg. A friend talked me out of it a year or so ago. He was kind enough to photo it so I could share.

post-6975-1324470178.jpg