Help ID this item?

devincu

Found this at a local antique store and I am not sure what it is. They have it marked as a WWII water bucket and are asking $50.00 which I thought was a little steep so I left it there but got some photo's to put on the forum to see if you guy's could tell me what it really is?

post-59872-1322803234.jpg

Found this at a local antique store and I am not sure what it is. They have it marked as a WWII water bucket and are asking $50.00 which I thought was a little steep so I left it there but got some photo's to put on the forum to see if you guy's could tell me what it really is?

another

post-59872-1322803274.jpg

• 1 month later...
it looks like some type of farm workers equipment used by fruit pickers, probably best to pass on it

Vita Freeze use to use them to ship ice cream in them Dry ice in the bottom last time I seen one was at a national guard outing near hell Hole when they were bulding the dam Don early 60's

Vita Freeze use to use them to ship ice cream in them Dry ice in the bottom last time I seen one was at a national guard outing near hell Hole when they were bulding the dam Don early 60's

Thats what I was going to say. Used to see them at large picnics.