This ebay Seller has some really nice WWII WASP items

Manchu Warrior

This upsets me that these items are being broken up. This is a WASP! It should be all kept together.

....Kat

Breakout the wallet Kat......this guys in it of or the money!! :pinch:

The ad says: FROM A LARGE COLLECTION OF WWII WASP PILOT ITEMS BELONGING TO A PILOT OF THE EARLY GRADUATING CLASSES.

These items may or may not have been from the same person but merely collected by them.

In any case, the bids are going up and up.

Gil,

I'm staying away for the reason you stated. There are suspect items that may or may not be of a single group, or a single person. There is a lot to choose from, but I would not spend money trying to save a grouping.

Several of the items will make fine additions to any WASP collection as an item on its own.

I admit that I don't know a lot about WASP wings. Are the wings in the auction good?

Just curious.....Kat

The full size are "reunion" wings, the shirt size may be good, but I've not seen a pair of these before. The other wings appear to be good as well.

Anyone have opinions, please add them!

Nice stuff! I'm very curious which WASP these items came from. I have my suspicions, as I know a graduate of that class recently had an estate sale. I assume they blocked all the information out as the woman is still alive. If I'm right about who it might be, the seller could have raised the premium by adding her name. If it is all from the same person, and much of it seems to add up that it is, I think it would have been nice to keep it all together.

I'm surprised the WAFS wings only went for $777. I would have expected them to be over $1,000, since there were so few produced.