42nd Division with all red border

35th USAAD

Does anyone have any idea why the all red border? I have never seen one before, for artillery (?) or an error(?). patch is poly thread. Thanks, Louis

post-6443-1322660749.jpg

Does anyone have any idea why the all red border? I have never seen one before, for artillery (?) or an error(?). patch is poly thread. Thanks, Louis

post-6443-1322660749.jpg

If I.am not mistaken there is a farelly recent topic showcasing this type of 42nd Inf Division without and OD and or AG border, I checked back aways but could not spot it.

If I.am not mistaken there is a farelly recent topic showcasing this type of 42nd Inf Division without and OD and or AG border, I checked back aways but could not spot it.

I disagree. It was manufactured with the red border. It was possibly a test run patch or simply an error. Very nice nonetheless!!

-Ski

I disagree. It was manufactured with the red border. It was possibly a test run patch or simply an error. Very nice nonetheless!!

-Ski

I wasn't applying that it was'nt made on purpose this way, just that I remember this exact one was discused in a earlier topic, as I remember seeing this patch before. I looked around in older topics here in the Shouder patch forum but It has eluded me.

I wasn't applying that it was'nt made on purpose this way, just that I remember this exact one was discused in a earlier topic, as I remember seeing this patch before. I looked around in older topics here in the Shouder patch forum but It has eluded me.

I think I started the thread about one of these and the general feeling was it being an error patch. Like teamski, I think it is cool so I kept it in my collection.

I think I started the thread about one of these and the general feeling was it being an error patch. Like teamski, I think it is cool so I kept it in my collection.

Right, I remember your name now, 36 tex, you had at the time initiated quite a few topics on all sorts of insiginias, I tried to go back and find it but I did'nt see where it was, or the topic titles did'nt catch my eye. If I recall then, it was the consensus that this 42nd Inf Division was an Maker error, so it appears here as well, on this I agree too, as it has polyester backing threads, an error in that did not have its AG merrowed edge applied for what ever reason, maybe as a test run.

I have one, the border is very POORLY done,,my guess was that the real ( merrowed) border was never added. . just like patches said.

Duh... I never thought of the patch being merrowed. Can we get a shot of the back?

-Ski

Duh... I never thought of the patch being merrowed. Can we get a shot of the back?

-Ski

As it was stated that it has poly backing threads, lead me to believe that it was a type that would have had a AG merrowed border, but for some reason was not applied.

As it was stated that it has poly backing threads, lead me to believe that it was a type that would have had a AG merrowed border, but for some reason was not applied.

Gotcha, sorry I missed that..... :pinch:

-Ski

I have to admit,, I bought mine in the hope it was NOT what I thought it was an unfinshed patch, I will have to get out the crap box, that is now where mine is, and has been after getting it :)

I would like to thank everyone for their comments. I do not thing this was intended to be a merrowed edge patch but was made as a cut edge with a red border. I have a Army Green border and the contruction looks exactly like the red brder. Thanks again, Lou