Pilot knives, show em

hawkdriver

Well, finally got around to getting a picture of mine, and forgot the Camillus MC-1. However, here is my pitfully small collection:

SurvivalKnives.jpg

From left to right, Giant Jack Knife (I believe Union Cutlery, but not sure), Camillus, NY 5-inch pilot's knife and Camillus, NY 6-inch pilot's knife (both blade marked), and both scabbards with sharpening stones.

You folks have got me all motivated. Heading out to the Fayetteville Gun show. Hope I can find something new. Tired of looking at Flea Market stuff. Shows been a real disappointment the last few years. But, patience and persistance always pay off. We'll see this show. Besides, Raleigh is next month. SKIP

Once again -disappointment! The Fayetteville show had plenty of beef jerky, holiday balloons, T-shirts, and QVC knives. Also the same folks selling the same things they've been trying to sell over the last couple of years. No knives or bayonets I need for the collection. I will note a large increase in repro M1 Bayonets. Saw some left handed AR15s, had never seen or noticed them before. Well, on to Raleigh next month. SKIP

Sort of a pilot's knife. This came out of an F-104 and was used to break the canopy for an emergency escape. Made of all metal and measures approx. 7 1/4" in length overall with a 2 5/8" blade.

post-944-1322940134.jpg

post-944-1322940151.jpg

I say definitely a pilots knife. Very nice. until now I’ve only seen illustrations of one of these.

Thanks for posting it.

:thumbsup:

Today, I went to an auction and guess what there were a lot of? You guessed it. I am not the proud owner of my first six inch Camillus. Here is the take.

fkve69.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Aloha Everyone,

I had a grouping which belonged to a USAF LTC who flew KC-135's and B-52's during the Vietnam war. He started out in WWII as the pilot of "Million Dollar Baby", a B-17 in the 94th BG, 410th Squadron. When I sold the grouping a while back, there was one item I kept. His switchblade knife which he wore on his flights during the 1972 Christmas bombings just before he retired.

It's in the grouping photo attached along with the small nylon case & his bucheimer holster.

The other photo is the crew of "Million Dollar Baby" and he is standing in the center.

USAF_Set_1.jpg

Crew_Photo_02.jpg