ETO Division Patch Display

LTGSANCHEZ

I had a bunch of loose division patches so I threw this frame together. I have most of the ones missing from the display but they are on uniforms. Does anyone know a good place online to get WWII patches. I would prefer buying most in a lot not individually on e-pay. I'm not looking for variations of theatre made patches.

I got a bunch of the glass front paded riker cases in the mail today. They are awesome for framing groupings and badges and patches and everything regardless if they have pin backs, cluth backs, etc. I can get OD army issue barracks/laundry bags for free at reclaimation sales on post so I cut them up for the backing. My wife suggested I try to find old brown wool for any dress uniform groupings since in a riker frame, the patches, badges and ribbons will look like they are on a uniform. She is so smart!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it. I've seen so many cool ways to display patches and I figure this was the best for my collection and having to move often.

And again, if anyone knows a guy who has loose patches for sale let me know, I wanna finish this display and not cut patches off uniforms !^#@^&$#

NEED:

1st, 3rd, 13th airborne, 26th, 30th, 34th, 35th, 36th, 65th, 69th, 75th, 78th, 79th, 80th, 83rd, 84th, 85th, 86th, 88th, 89th, 91st, 92nd, 95th, 102nd, 106th

DSC01623.jpg

scottfamily601

NEED:

1st, 3rd, 13th airborne, 26th, 30th, 34th, 35th, 36th, 65th, 69th, 75th, 78th, 79th, 80th, 83rd, 84th, 85th, 86th, 88th, 89th, 91st, 92nd, 95th, 102nd, 106th

I have the 1st, 35th and the 88th for you.

PM me.

Bobby

You may not like "epay" as you call it , but you can pick these up for about 3.00 each ...... sometimes cheaper if you search for "lots" and resell the one you already have. Took me about a month to get most of these ( minus the airborne stuff) to complete the ETO set for my nephew at an average cost of about 2.50 per patch. All no glow cut edge cotton!

Really nice setup! Just curious though how big is that frame?

I think it is 18" x 24" .... Maybe the next size up. I got it at AC Moore for under $20.

You may not like "epay" as you call it , but you can pick these up for about 3.00 each ...... sometimes cheaper if you search for "lots" and resell the one you already have. Took me about a month to get most of these ( minus the airborne stuff) to complete the ETO set for my nephew at an average cost of about 2.50 per patch. All no glow cut edge cotton!

I'll give it to you paul. I think I was just refering to the harder to find division patches. I just bidded on a few that had lower shipping costs. They will work out to be about $4-$5 a piece. ebay is good for some things. Not a bad idea with the patch lots. I'll kep an eye out for those too.

Great start! You have two patches I still need to complete my ETO patches display, the 82nd and 101st.

They are the hard ones. The 82nd is a two piece and the 101st is a one-piece. The 101st wa sewn on at one point but is in really good shape. The one patch I would consider replacing in the display is the 66th. It's a bit salty, which is fine but it stands out among the others.

I want to personally thank forum member: scottfamily601

Having a surlus of patches, he mailed me four of the patches I needed for my display at no cost.

Thank you sir!

• 4 weeks later...

Sir,

Could you please measure your Divisions frame. I've had my division patches for a while but never displayed them. I like what you've done with the frame.

Thanks!!

Sir,

Could you please measure your Divisions frame. I've had my division patches for a while but never displayed them. I like what you've done with the frame.

Thanks!!

Jim, its a 22x28 frame. They give away green US laundry bags for free here on post reclaimation sale. I cut one up for the backing.

• 5 weeks later...

New frames and new route... I decided to just frame all my Pacific and European infantry division patches together for this display. It was a beautiful frame and the backing is foamboard to insure the patches don't fall t the bottom of the frame and a piece of old red bedsheet. A few missing but all the harder patches are there. Also my framed armored division patches. I left room for the few I'm missing (I, II, IV corp and 16th and 20th division). Aat the top of the first picture you can see a bit of the smaller frames with the army patches and the service and command patches...

1-28001.jpg

1-28002.jpg