Armored vehicles at Creech AFB

El Bibliotecario

El Bibliotecario

Every time I pass Creech AFB @ Indian Springs, NV I wonder what use they have for the fleet of vehicles (MRAPs?) in the attached photo. Creech is adjacent to the Nevada Test Site , the next door bombing range, and is, I believe, home to the predator drone program. I'm hoping someone who knows the vehicles' purpose there can enlighten me --assuming its not a case of you tell me, you'll have to kill me.

post-2215-1322418000.jpg

I've flown out of Indian Springs doing paradrops for the SF. They do have the predators there, that isn't a secret. As for the armor, I don't know, but there are trails going from the base out into the training area.

El Bibliotecario
...As for the armor, I don't know, but there are trails going from the base out into the training area.

Having driven on similar rough trails in the adjacent wildlfe refuge, I wish I'd had an armored vehicle.

Having driven on similar rough trails in the adjacent wildlfe refuge, I wish I'd had an armored vehicle.

No kidding.

If I had to guess, I would say that they are used to keep the prisoners across the road in line :thumbsup:

Maybe base QRF for Security Forces, ie military police. Or an Army unit substationed on there like the guard.

I was thinking Guard or Reserve unit as well. To save money, you have a lot of joint use of bases these days.

You will probably see them on all the base's as we have thousands to bring back from Iraq. A story on the news showed "one" base in Kuwait that had room foe 5,000 MRAPs. and more arriving everyday. The story seemed to say if you were leaving Iraq you had to drive a vehicle out. Robert

Tsk, tsk...I'm afraid you've been moved up sixteen spaces on the local Fusion Center list....

The unmarked Black Helicopters are circling his house as we speak

Is Silver Flag Alpha training conducted out there at Creech? The MRAPs could be there for that exercise.

• 1 month later...