Brrruuuhhhaaa, I win!!!

hawkdriver

I got this in the mail today, I finally beat eBay at their own game, take that and learn your lesson. You have to hit them in the pocketbook where it hurts, they soon won't forget the name "Hawkdriver". Now pardon me while I spend $2 in gas to go deposit this.

23uomc1.jpg

post-795-1322323507.gif

You showed them!!! :lol:

It's really good to see the little guys win sometimes... It take's a lot of guts to stand up to corporate America the way you did!

I one-upped you man! My settlement was for $1.13!!! Not even worth the gas money to drive to the bank!

Nope, I still got one up on ya! It cost them more to print my check than for the amount, that had to be really painful, they will learn not to screw hawkdriver for their precious final value fee.

Manchu Warrior

This is mine and I will have to say that I am feeling mighty rich these days.

post-1412-1322329618.jpg

Actually when I opened the envelope I was hooting and hollering and my son thought that I had won the Mega Millions. And then he looked at the check and thought I was a few cards short of a full deck. I am not even sure if I am going to cash the check or frame it and hang it on the wall. Pay backs are hell ain't they?

carbinephalen

I've been reading about this for a week on some eBay forums. Some people have posted pics of their checks for $18,000+ :w00t:

Talk about a Christmas bonus!!

OK, lets have a contest, see who ends up with the smallest check and the biggest check. Only rules are that you have to post a picture of the check with your name crossed out and it has to be a forum member.

Manchu Warrior
OK, lets have a contest, see who ends up with the smallest check and the biggest check. Only rules are that you have to post a picture of the check with your name crossed out and it has to be a forum member.

I am winning so far. But, something tells me I won't be in first place for long. And if I am reading the letter right it was something to do with ebay motors and I honestly don't even remember what I sold on ebay motors.

I am winning so far. But, something tells me I won't be in first place for long. And if I am reading the letter right it was something to do with ebay motors and I honestly don't even remember what I sold on ebay motors.

Me too, I'm winning on the low end, and as like you, I don't know what I sold there either, but I'm always happy to take eBay's money, I've been donating to their coffers for years, now it's time to even the score!

I have to agree with the above comments... have it professionally framed and hang it on your wall with all of your other certificates, diplomas, and momentos.

These triumphs in life are rare indeed! Especially when they probably spent 44 cents in postage to send it to you!

Yep, i got one too for $3.45 cents or something. I deposited it yesterday. ( To help pay for a small item i bought on the forum ) :D

I believe it had something to do with selling items on the eBay Motors side.

Carey

I got this in the mail today, I finally beat eBay at their own game, take that and learn your lesson. You have to hit them in the pocketbook where it hurts, they soon won't forget the name "Hawkdriver". Now pardon me while I spend $2 in gas to go deposit this.

23uomc1.jpg

Hawk,

they could have one-upped you and used PayPal to send you the money. Then, they could use nail you with PP fees for you to transfer the $.07. :lol:

Hawk,

they could have one-upped you and used PayPal to send you the money. Then, they could use nail you with PP fees for you to transfer the $.07. :lol:

That would have been a eBay tactic that I would expect from them!

Do I smell a new "reality series"......HI/Low EBay Show. ?

You guys can follow the Bob and Owen show !

• 3 months later...
Do I smell a new "reality series"......HI/Low EBay Show. ?

You guys can follow the Bob and Owen show !

What a great thread! I'll add to this, a friend of mine cashed his 70 cent check in January. Too bad he didn't notice it was void and the bank charges him 10 bucks...he tried to do his part to stick it to eBay. Personally mine was for 30 cents and I noticed it was expired.

Tyson