WWI 13th Marines Tunic and painted helmet

zotig111

I finally had a few minutes to document my Pomona Show finds from last weekend. I'll post them in two separate threads since they are separated by 32 years. The topic of this thread is a 13th Marines uniform and painted helmet lot I picked up from Advance Guard militaria. It consists of the tunic and trousers, painted helmet, medals, side cap, and yard long photos. The uniform components are near mint with a beautiful 13th Marine SSI. The painted helmet comes with awesomely indisputable provenance... three pictures of the vet wearing the helmet at home (his girlfriend is wearing the side cap with the EGA)! All of the items are named to the veteran (Frank A Ernst). His dog tags are here as well. Rounding out the tunic are the USMC collar discs and a sharpshooter medal. his medals consist of a numbered good conduct and WWI victory with France bar and Iron cross device.

The helmet is the main piece of this set. It is camo painted with the 13th Marines and Ernst's name on it with a large EGA surronded by the US and French flag. The paint is in fantastic clear and unfaded condition. The liner is in good shape but most of the chin strap is gone. The artistry work on this is magnificent.

Enjoy the views...

I want to thank Jeff at AGM for this. He was a pleasure to work with on this.

Tom K

post-8230-1322249065.jpg

suwanneetrader

VERY VERY nice items! I "hope" to find a group almost this good, but I think what you have is a once in a lifetime find, so complete and no reason to question anything. Richard

Very impressive group and as stated the Sarge D. I love the provenance to the helmet. Awesome photo that just ties the group together.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I am especially glad that it stayed in the US Militaria Forum "family"! I just hope that I can find more of these...once my hobby fund reciovers from this purchase ;)