Mighty 8th Air Force Museum; Savannah GA

USMCRECON

There is a newer section dedicated th the Woman's Air Service Pilots and here is a WASP blouse on display. The shot is not the greatest as I had a hard time focusing through the glass.

post-1107-1322076063.jpg

The rest of these were taken upstairs in the research library. There were two medal displays, one for the Army/Air Force and another for the Marines/Navy. They have a small name plate on the bottom and were both apparently donated from someone's collection. A couple of them are not in the best of focus due to the lighting and reflections off the glass.

post-1107-1322076324.jpg

Last but not least, while reading a record copy of couldn't resist photographing this article in the 5 November 1943 edition of Yank Magazine. I think you'll get a chuckle out of this one.

post-1107-1322077565.jpg

Back in 2000, drove by it but my wife didn't want to stop. Museums would mess up how far we drove in a day. I did get to stop at the USS Alabama, The Naval Aviation Museum and the Air Force Museum on the trip. She was fighting cancer at the time, so I had to humor her. She wanted a vacation the boys, would remember a road trip from Lincoln, NE to Disney World. She did ask what my top places to see were and I got to them.