WWII Zippo Lighter

bluemoon

Looks like a period lighter to me.Many makers built these during the war

Im no Zippo lighter expert but I believe the number of holes in the barrell can determine a Zippo and I was thinking the ones I have are also embossed Zippo on the lighter body insert.

Looks like a period lighter to me.Many makers built these during the war

Im no Zippo lighter expert but I believe the number of holes in the barrell can determine a Zippo and I was thinking the ones I have are also embossed Zippo on the lighter body insert.

The insert is definitely a zippo, the early ones had no hole on the bottom left of the chimney, but if you look at a more recent one they have 8 holes on each side instead of the 7, the 8th being the bottom left. Im not much of an expert either, and im not so sure about the case... i know theres a significance between 3 hinge and 4 hinge zippo's, but i would say its a good period lighter

The insert is definitely a zippo, the early ones had no hole on the bottom left of the chimney, but if you look at a more recent one they have 8 holes on each side instead of the 7, the 8th being the bottom left. Im not much of an expert either, and im not so sure about the case... i know theres a significance between 3 hinge and 4 hinge zippo's, but i would say its a good period lighter

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking.Being at work I couldnt get to mine.I was also thinking the war time ones had a total of 14 holes total??

Thanks guys. I'll pass on this one. The search continues.

Here is another one. Three barrel hinge, rounded edges. Is this more in line with what you would expect to see in a WWII zippo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270855896866?ssPag...9#ht_2782wt_922

Yeah that one looks right. Also notice how to top and bottom are kinda puffed up? They were made that way and some were so puffed up that they would not stand up if you set up on a table.

3 barrel hinge and 4 barrel hinges can be found on WWII Black Crackle Zippos.

The Zippo in the listing is the real deal. Is a 1942 which did have a 4 barrel hinge. The 1943 to 45 had the 3 barrel hinge.

But the hinge on the one in the ebay listing,looks like a repair to me.

http://www.dateyourzippo.com/data_zippo/zi...tamps_32_55.php

The above is a link to the best WWII Zippo dating site i know.