Tarawa Groupings

Kurt Barickman

Kurt Barickman

I acquired this trunk grouping from his daughter and as you can see it is chock full of other items to include great documents, photos, uniforms, etc. There is a great report of a patrol he led on Guadalcanal behind Japanese lines and a huge report written by him as he became one of the artillery gurus in the Pacific and the report is about the daily actions of all US Army and Marine artillery on Okinawa.

resize_wade_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Kurt Barickman
Leon Niebuhr

Regimental Headquarters, 2nd Regiment.

Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Saipan and Tinian. I have quite a few items of his to include his photo albums. Commendation ribbon from Guadalcanal from the Battle on the Manitakau River.

Niebuhr's Thompson magazine bag with period painting done by him during the Guadalcanal phase of his Marine career.

Niebuhr_resize_1.jpg

Kurt Barickman

Shot of the inside. Not being a gear guy, if I am wrong that this bag is for Thompson round magazines please tell me.

Kurt

Niebuhr_resize_2.jpg

Some great historical Marine items in the hands of collectors of this forum.

Thank you for preserving the History of the Corps, especiall from this horrific battle.

S/F

John

Kurt Barickman

William M. Spencer III

Forward Observer

E-2-10th Marines

Tarawa, Saipan, Tinian and Okinawa

Kurt Barickman

Niebuhr_resize.jpg

American Heritage

Kurt, I would really like for you to zoom out and get a whole photo of all those uniforms together! Can we see some photos of that please!

I couldn't imagine how much time and/or hard ground-pounding it took to put such a collection together.

Thanks very much for showing these :w00t: :thumbsup:

American Heritage
Just the Tarawa ones or all of them??

Kurt

Whatever you wish to photograph, we'd love to see them all together.

Kurt Barickman

Alright, I will see what I can do. Not all of the stuff is Tarawa related but the majority of it is..

Kurt

Kurt Barickman

Dave,

Thanks for posting that great medal group to the 6th Marine Regiment officer! :thumbsup: Please keep posting. Here are some shots but not all of some of my displays in the museum

wall_resize_1.jpg

Kurt Barickman

I could do a whole thread on this 13th Marine Regiment, 5th Marine Division two trunk Iwo Jima officer.

dyer_resize_1.jpg

American Heritage

nice displays but could you make the pics a bit smaller as they are too big on my screen!

Just kidding, but I'll take the words out of everyone's mouths by saying that it is difficult to see any details or even some of the FMF PAC units at that small photo size.

American Heritage
Dave,

Thanks for posting that great medal group to the 6th Marine Regiment officer! :thumbsup: Please keep posting. Here are some shots but not all of some of my displays in the museum

is that a blooded 1st mardiv patch?

Was he on the Canal?