Hawley fiber liner reproduction(s)

Member_2114

Member_2114

Just taken delivery of parts etc. Enough to make another 9 liners. Pm or email me at paulcostin "at" googlemail "dot" com , if you are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Paul,

Did an event and those who looked at the one I have from you said yours is very well done. The reviews from them were vcery positive.

Mack

Member_2114

Paul,

Did an event and those who looked at the one I have from you said yours is very well done. The reviews from them were vcery positive.

Mack

Thanks very much for the feedback.

• 4 months later...

Hi Paul,

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I just finished a big re-enactor event at Rockford Illinois last weekend... I use your Hawley liner in my MP lid and man did it ever get a lot of attention. If I had one ask to see it, I had a hundred. There were some who asked me why I was stupid enough to use an original Hawley to re-enact with. Almost all were in complete awe when I told them it was a repro. I think I was the only one I know of with a Hawley liner at the event except for the guy doing a tropical marine impression with a Hawley pith helmet. I just thought you'd like to hear how well received your work is here.

Wayne

Hi Paul,

I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know that I just finished a big re-enactor event at Rockford Illinois last weekend... I use your Hawley liner in my MP lid and man did it ever get a lot of attention. If I had one ask to see it, I had a hundred. There were some who asked me why I was stupid enough to use an original Hawley to re-enact with. Almost all were in complete awe when I told them it was a repro. I think I was the only one I know of with a Hawley liner at the event except for the guy doing a tropical marine impression with a Hawley pith helmet. I just thought you'd like to hear how well received your work is here.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, for the time to give that Feedback. Initially I was selling lots via Ebay, but trying to keep costs down I chose to sell by word or mouth etc.

Reckon I have made in excess of 85 Hawleys now, usually sell one or to a month. I keep intending to take a back seat and make less, but demand seems to be there. Unfortunately making these Hawley repros means other projects get left behind. The CEO of Costino enterprises wants me to give more focus to the home front!!!

Wayne, seems you haven't talked about the USMF enough... ^_^

LOL...

Actually when the people ask me about it, I tell them about the USMF and who I got it from... Gotta help friends out, right? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just received my Hawley from Paul and I can only echo the reviews of everyone else. There's not anyone else I would recommend when it comes to a repro Hawley!

Just received my Hawley from Paul and I can only echo the reviews of everyone else. There's not anyone else I would recommend when it comes to a repro Hawley!

Thanks very much!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious, about how long does it take for an order to be in hand here in the US? looking for even just a ball park figure....2,3,4 months? Thanks!

Thanks for the comments. If I get to it I can turn a Hawley 'round in a weekend, However I do shift work etc, and the CEO at home doesn't like me devoting all my time to the Hawley project!!