Hawley fiber liner reproduction(s)

Hello Paul,

thank you for your reply, that's a very good practice and thanks for that ! I don't collect rations so I bet I could be fooled ;)

Regarding the hawley repro, where is written this "costino enterprises" ?

Btw, my remark is not meant to undervalue or criticize the wonderful job you've done there, you are clearly filling a gap !

Max

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Paul,

thank you for your reply, that's a very good practice and thanks for that ! I don't collect rations so I bet I could be fooled ;)

Regarding the hawley repro, where is written this "costino enterprises" ?

Btw, my remark is not meant to undervalue or criticize the wonderful job you've done there, you are clearly filling a gap !

Max

No problem. Understood. Its on the nape strap and also on the inside of the rayon webbing..

I have- mine are marked "Costino Enterprises" with my own QM mark. Some of my repro crates, have stamping with discrete spelling mistakes. My repro D Rations are also labelled Costino Food Enterprises, but I'm hoping people can tell the difference between chocolate moulded in 2012 and chocolate moulded in 1942!!

If they can't, God help them!!!! LOL 70 year old chocolate can't be that good for you....

Wayne

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Seems that Webshots, a site I have been using for years has gone down the pan- and with years worth of my uploaded images. So my apologies to anybody who reads the Hawley repro thread. All the images have gone and I'll have to start afresh using photobucket or similar.

Very frustrating, the same thing applies to my GI44-45 thread

• 5 weeks later...

HawleyMk4003.jpg

HawleyMk4004.jpg

HawleyMk4001.jpg

HawleyMk4002.jpg

I currently have two of the above type available and once they are gone won’t be making any moe until next year some time. Other projects demand my attention!

Hello, have you got any hawleys left? If so how much are they to buy?

Regards

Ryan

No para ones Paul? If not, when you likely to do some more?

WWW.FAAA.ME.UK

"Now if there’s one thing you can be sure of, it’s that nothing is more powerful than a young boys wish.
Except an Apache helicopter, an Apache helicopter has machine guns and missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive compliment of weaponry. An absolute death machine."

Great news! Let me know once they're done and I'll try and take one of your hands -_-

Poss

WWW.FAAA.ME.UK

"Now if there’s one thing you can be sure of, it’s that nothing is more powerful than a young boys wish.
Except an Apache helicopter, an Apache helicopter has machine guns and missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive compliment of weaponry. An absolute death machine."

• 1 month later...

Just a thought, what if I were to send you a liner I removed the suspension from?

I used to use original liners, but they dont work so well. I use repro liners now. That means I dont trash an original and I creat a hawley that fits an M1 shell perfectly, even with a helmet net.

Oh, I had an M1958 model liner that I was going to attempt to make look like a Hawley, at least when it sits in the shell.

It'll work- To a degree, but wont sit in the shell as a deep as it should. The repro liners I now use, enable me to make a very affective Hawley repro that sits in the M1 shell perfectly.

I did start out user original liners as a base for Hawleys, as did Rob Lihani, I just find repro liners a better fit.

Johnny,

How does one in the US go about purchasing one of your infantry hawley's? I have been following your progress and I am very impressed by your work.

Mack

Thanks!

Email me paulcostin "at" googlemail.com Shipping to USA is £15 recorded delivery. I am out of town for the next four days or so..

• 3 weeks later...

10,000 plus views! Wow! If only I had a dollar for each view :D

Thanks for all the enquiries I have had on these. I've just ordered some more liners, rayon etc, from my supplier and will be making some more repro Hawleys over the coming month. I've managed to upgrade on the interior colour, which I feel is an even better color match to my original.

• 3 weeks later...