C Ration Accessory Pack

jumpwings

I believe the Vietnam era packs were brown colored, and didn't have a stimulator, interdental. Some had a stimulator tobaccoental howsomever. :lol:

The Vietnam era ones, at least the ones I remember, often had a small pack of 3 or 4 cigarettes in them. I remember we were issued some of these in

1974 on an ROTC training exercise... the smokers in the group thought this Army thing was a great deal if they got free smokes out of it. Not realizing

the collectability of such items, I gave mine away to whoever wanted them. They were promptly consumed that same weekend.

The Vietnam-era ones were in a dark brown package, and did include the interdental stimulators. It was a version of the civilian "Stim-u-dents." They also contained a four-cigarette box of one of the following brands (there may have been others I don't remember): Marlboro, Winston, Raleigh, Kool, Salem, Newport. These were all filtered cigarettes. They also had Camel and Pall Mall which were both non-filtered.

The package remained the same for a while after the introduction of MREs, but the cigarettes were removed before the switch to MREs. I do not know the exact date, but believe it was the late 70s - maybe 1978 or so.

Had to smile on this one, takes me back a few years. :) I never smoked, so I also always ended up giving my smokes away, Uncle Sam's way of keeping us healthy. :lol: And the toilet paper, if I remember right, it was almost enough to take care of business.

crationsy.jpg

crations.jpg

Found this other picture, trying to stay on subject, I don't remember ever seeing TUNA anywhere or anytime.

crats1.jpg

Makes me hungry, be great to eat a good ol' "John Wayne" bar, or some crackers & cheese. :thumbsup:

The tuna was a late addition to c-rats. They eliminated the chicken and noodles (which I liked) and replaced it with the tuna (which I didn't like). This was just during the last couple of years of c-rats before they went to MREs.

I distinctly remember the interdental stimulators, but I didn't enlist until 1973, so that must have been a later addition, too, but not as late as the tuna.

surplus sammy

crations.jpg

This one is a repro by the way..........

4301546.jpg

1755428.jpg

1755443.jpg

1755449.jpg

If an accessory pack has no cigarettes, then its post 1972.

Post 1972

1755457.jpg

1755460.jpg

1825549.jpg

1825562.jpg

1825580.jpg

Short 1985

surplus sammy

accessorypack.jpg

As to your pack, looking at the contents listed, I believe it to be an inflight crew pack.

The earliest i have seen is 1955.

Yours is late 70s early 80s.

4285009.jpg

4285010.jpg