USAAF Hankie

Brig

had this in my collection for some time, forgot to photograph it back with the other bunch of sweetheart stuff. Doesn't glow, still folded originally, I'm assuming WWII

USAAFHankie.jpg

Brig,

Nice piece of homefront memorabilia. Interestingly, I have an AAF "Hanky Cover", I guess what this would have been kept in!

Chris

Brig,

Nice piece of homefront memorabilia. Interestingly, I have an AAF "Hanky Cover", I guess what this would have been kept in!

Chris

could you possibly post a pic of the cover? it would be interesting to see them together

OK, after some searching, here you go! I was wrong, it's not AAF, but rather army. It's made of rayon, and when opened like a book, it exposes a pocket by which to store your hanky. Sorry for the background - it looks as though I had placed this on a giant fruit roll up.

Chris

post-548-1196534864.jpg

post-548-1196534871.jpg

Speaking of Fort Dix, Brig - I have a Civil War dated letter pertaining to General Dix. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much of an interest on this board for that kind of thing.

• 8 years later...

OK, after some searching, here you go! I was wrong, it's not AAF, but rather army. It's made of rayon, and when opened like a book, it exposes a pocket by which to store your hanky. Sorry for the background - it looks as though I had placed this on a giant fruit roll up.

Chris

Found its twin today at an estate sale.

Thanks, Al

post-12790-0-80453400-1467334544.jpg

post-12790-0-26002800-1467334552.jpg

trenchrat1918

I have picked up bunch of hankies and handkerchief covers over the years and this GI bring back is my favorite by far. It appears to be hand drawn and painted and the handkerchief itself is very fine quality. As I am sure most of you know this depicts the famous Manneken pis (little pee man) fountain in Brussels Belgium. Sorry about the quality of the photos, I would be happy to post better ones at a more civilized time. Wes

post-160250-0-88303500-1467347572.jpg

post-160250-0-84514700-1467347600.jpg