Chevrons

Bill

These are my unknown chevrons. I picked these up when I was in the Army and was out hitting the garage sales on base and the local areas.

The PFC disk at the bottom is it real or a reproduction. think.gif

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Bill

post-1455-1196485683.jpg

post-1455-1196485753.jpg

These are Women Marine Chevrons. Time period worn & uniform worn on?

post-1455-1196485761.jpg

post-1455-1196485772.jpg

They all look good to me. That WWI era Medical PFC looks fine too. Someone would have to make a million of them, then find a market for them to make reproducing them worth the money. The Army bought enough of those prior to 1920 to last us collectors for another couple hundred years.

The chevron with two straight ties below the 3 chevrons, is an Army chevron for infantry supply sergeants worn poior to WWI. I don't have my references here at work with me, but I believe that was for battalion supply sergeant. These branch colored chevrons made on white duck, were replaced along about 1910 or maybe even sooner because the colors ran when the garmet was washed.

If you can, check out Bill Emersons book "CHEVRONS", and it will have more complete and probably more correct information that what I've given you here.

All of the USMC chevrons post-date 1958 when the crossed rifles were added to accomodate the addition of the E-8 & E-9 pay grades.

The USMC chevrons appear to be for Female Marines.

Kurt

I just noticed you already wrote that they were for women Marines. Anyway, that double flat rocker USMC chevron is a very desirable one being it's for a female uniform. I'd say it's 1940's, as the flat rocker chevrons were phased out long ago. Late 40's, early 50's?

Kurt