63rd Troop Carrier Disney Donald Duck Patch

manayunkman

I don't have too many groupings left to show so I will space them out. This group came to me by accident. I met a Mr Hartman ( B-24 pilot ) through a yard sale lead but lost his phone number. I remembered the name and found it in the phone book ( in the old days this was like my second Bible ). But when I called, it wasn't him, it was the son. Yes his dad was a pilot in WW2 but he had passed away a year ago. This didn't make sense. I just met the guy less than a week ago. The son tells me that he knew very little about his dad but I was welcome to come over and see what he had. It was obvious that this was not the same Hartman ( never found the B-24 pilot. Unlisted # ). This is what I got.

post-51189-1321468782.jpg

Lt. Hartman was a C-47 pilot in the Pacific. He was part of the 63rd Troop Carrier Sqd. I have never done any research on Hartman and his son knew very little about his role in WW2. All he knew is that his Dad dropped supplies. The one photo that I blew up shows an event when the parachute of a load got caught on the tail of the plane. Hartman flew home with the crate banging up against the fuselage thinking every moment was his last. His is a rare Disney designed Donald Duck squadron patch and the photo of the tangled parachute after the plane landed. Pheeeewww !!!

post-51189-1321469369.jpg

post-51189-1321469394.jpg

Patchcollector

Dang!That is an impressive group!Outstanding!! :bravo: I especially love that patch,it looks so fresh and minty,WOW!!

Johnny Signor

VERY nice score on the whole grouping, I have seen the "Donald Duck" patch some years ago in my searching for various emblems it is a fairly "rare" find and in the condition it's in especially !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on a good collection of items !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one cool patch! The Disney dudes are gonna love that one...as indeed do I! Great grouping overall. :thumbsup:

Thanks Saberjet. It look like you were at Pomona vicariously

Thank JS glad you like it second time around.

In person, or in a picture....it's a great group.

Pictures give a person more time to focus and think about each piece.

The only thing better is to OWN IT ! :lol:

In person, or in a picture....it's a great group.

Pictures give a person more time to focus and think about each piece.

The only thing better is to OWN IT ! :lol:

Thanks for the :thumbsup: ( ha ha mine works )

thats a beautiful group! :w00t: love the early named AM and that disney patch :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

philip

Thanks Philip.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...