Why does he wear only 2 rows?

Bluehawk

VolunteerArmoury
Which paragraph does it say "one may choose to wear only the top six ribbon decorations"?

I found "Awards are worn at the option of the wearer when not prohibited during normal duty hours." But that it is not clear whether that means all or none, 6, or pick & choose.

Of course my luck I don't have the reference in front of me. I read it in I think Army Times about two or so weeks ago. It was announcing more but small uniforms changes. Of course the last AR 670-1 is dated what Feb 05? I'm TDY right now but when I get home in a few weeks I'll dig for that again in the meantime I'll try to see if I can find it online. I saw one fellow on Gordon just wearing his CAB on his service dress with no ribbons. Hell we get many of them for doing what we are just supposed to do so why not just wear the highest ones? Our CG's drivers (E-5s) got BSMs last year just for driving and washing the car. As far as I know no other accomplishments.

VolunteerArmoury
Of course my luck I don't have the reference in front of me. I read it in I think Army Times about two or so weeks ago. It was announcing more but small uniforms changes. Of course the last AR 670-1 is dated what Feb 05? I'm TDY right now but when I get home in a few weeks I'll dig for that again in the meantime I'll try to see if I can find it online. I saw one fellow on Gordon just wearing his CAB on his service dress with no ribbons. Hell we get many of them for doing what we are just supposed to do so why not just wear the highest ones? Our CG's drivers (E-5s) got BSMs last year just for driving and washing the car. As far as I know no other accomplishments.

And of course let's add this is considering if I retained the info correctly!

And to answer one of Bluehawk's original questions:

He's wearing the Defense Distinguished Service Medal, the Distinguished Service Medal (with what appears to be two OLC), the Defense Superior Service Medal, the Legion of Merit with something on it, the Bronze Star (with maybe a V or an OLC on it), and the Meritorious Service Medal.

El Bibliotecario

I'm all for GEN Dempsey's conspicious reserve. I'd like to think that he shares my opinion that modern generals look like Ruritanian field marshalls.

And to answer one of Bluehawk's original questions:

He's wearing the Defense Distinguished Service Medal, the Distinguished Service Medal (with what appears to be two OLC), the Defense Superior Service Medal, the Legion of Merit with something on it, the Bronze Star (with maybe a V or an OLC on it), and the Meritorious Service Medal.

Thanks...