Do current campaign medals have cases?

curio bill

This may seem like a silly question, but do current US campaign medals for Iraq & Afhganistan come in cases like in earlier wars?? The only ones I have seen at auction have been loose or in small clear plastic bags. Thanks, Bill

This may seem like a silly question, but do current US campaign medals for Iraq & Afhganistan come in cases like in earlier wars?? The only ones I have seen at auction have been loose or in small clear plastic bags. Thanks, Bill

The current issued campaign medals come in small dark blue boxes with the medal and ribbon on a white piece of cardboard and normally factory sealed plastic around the card and medal.

Regards

John

Interestingly, the only ones I've seen are in plastic bags, (with cardboard backing) no boxes. I'd be curious to see a current campaign medal in box.

I know the replacement medals you can buy at Military Clothing Sales doesn't come with the box, just the white cardboard with the medal attached in a plastic bag.

Mike

USAF Retired

Here's a link to one of my forum entries....doesn't show them close up, but will give you an idea of what the boxes look like for the current campaign medals..

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...53&hl=mvmhm

Mark sends

Ah, got it. Standard blue boxes....and good GRAVY what a haul THAT was LOL.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Interestingly, the only ones I've seen are in plastic bags, (with cardboard backing) no boxes. I'd be curious to see a current campaign medal in box.

Here is the GWOT Expeditionary Medal w/box

Cheers,

Spike

post-11282-1329141789.jpg

I cant show a pic right now but you can get them in the plastic case. Many unit supply rooms order thier medals from "The Supply Room" and they do offer the complete medal set. Someone out there surely has a catalog and can look it up. The Catalogs are sent to nearly every Army Supply seargent/commander.

One of my previous units ordered them this way and issued out ICM, ACM, GWOTEX, and GWOTSM. I dont think many units spend thier money this way. The norm is the little blue box or even just the plastic bag as mentioned above.