M7 Bayonet -- Reparkerized

Got da Penny

Members, just wanted to "share" my reconditioned/reparkerized M7 bayonet.

I do not have any before pictures, This was a recent pickup that had the edge "buggered" up with nicks and wear

on the blade with rough areas on the pommel.

My buddy Scooter here on the forum just got his Reparkerized setup going.

Here are the results.

post-633-1321410981.jpg

post-633-1321410998.jpg

Bead blasted with 80 grit glass beads, degreased, boiled in hot water then dipped in 180 degree park tank for about 10 minutes or until the fizzing stops, then cold water rinse and oil well. serve with a side of coleslaw......lol

Parkerizing is way easier than I ever thought i would be. Hardest part is finding the stainless steel tanks for the parkerizing chemicals.

Parkerizing is way easier than I ever thought i would be. Hardest part is finding the stainless steel tanks for the parkerizing chemicals.

I have a small set up at work.... it is made out of a deep fryer heating element and a surplus stainless steel tank.... it is big enough for doing pistol parts and blades the bigger stuff I'll do at home.....

my home set up is long enough to do rifle actions..... I called a machineshop I deal with at work and asked him if

he had any stainless steel sheet he had some so I had the largest tank lengthwise made out of what he had.. it cost me 60 dollars..... So if you need a tank check with the local machine shops they can build them and it's good to help

the local economy.

I like park compaired to hot blue because it does only take one tank..... though it is nice to be able to heat the items

before placing in the park tank.... I am working on setting up some blueing tanks next....

By the way I have a home formula for parkarizing if you are interested......

I have a small set up at work.... it is made out of a deep fryer heating element and a surplus stainless steel tank.... it is big enough for doing pistol parts and blades the bigger stuff I'll do at home.....

my home set up is long enough to do rifle actions..... I called a machineshop I deal with at work and asked him if

he had any stainless steel sheet he had some so I had the largest tank lengthwise made out of what he had.. it cost me 60 dollars..... So if you need a tank check with the local machine shops they can build them and it's good to help

the local economy.

I like park compaired to hot blue because it does only take one tank..... though it is nice to be able to heat the items

before placing in the park tank.... I am working on setting up some blueing tanks next....

By the way I have a home formula for parkarizing if you are interested......

I"m interested, Sending a PM.

I have had a few requests on this subject, so what I shall be doing over the next couple of weeks will be taking photo's and doing a write up on this subject I'll start another thread when I post it

Allen <><