• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rock Island Arsnel

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this question. Obviously, I settled on here to start with.

If my memory serves, sometime in the past I heard of historical tours, by appointment, at RIA. I have been on their web site but could find no reference to any such activities. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is still being conducted?

I am making a trip, next spring, up that way and would love to take such a tour if possible.

Thanks,

Robert

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this question. Obviously, I settled on here to start with.

If my memory serves, sometime in the past I heard of historical tours, by appointment, at RIA. I have been on their web site but could find no reference to any such activities. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is still being conducted?

I am making a trip, next spring, up that way and would love to take such a tour if possible.

Thanks,

Robert

I live about 90 miles east in north central Illinoistan.

The RIA has a most excellent museum whih chronicles both the history of the arsenal and also all (and I mean all) US military arms. It is an excellent way to spend four or five hours.

Here's a link to the museum:

Rock Island Arsenal Museum

and the history of the museum:

RIA Museum History

and a virtual tour:

RIA Virtual Tour

Bud

I believe many of today's social ills and political party bickering could be solved by the simple implementation of legalized dueling.