Requesting Replacement medals

blitzkrieg gsd

blitzkrieg gsd

Seems like I remember reading about ordering replacement medals for vets. If you can do who do I need to contact about it? Im not haveing any luck geting records from the n/a keep geting there fire excuse. All I have been able to get was his IDPF had some info I needed but didn't give me a list of his awards. Im working on a shadow box and I got a good idea of what he earned but I was thinking if I could order replacement awards they wouldn't give me anything he wasn't suppost to have. Would they also give me copys or new citations to go with them. Any help you guys can give is great all of you know I have been working on this project for my uncle for a couple yrs now. Its comeing along but its been a tuff ride so thanks again guys for any help.

Without Official paperwork, I've not been able to get replacement medals for two vets who were KIA. The NPRC acknowledged their evolvement in WWII, but had no other records to issue any medals except the Silver Star, and Purple Heart that I could furnish proof of being issued. I had to show a copy of a G.O. before they would even listen, and then I could not amend the soldier's official record.

blitzkrieg gsd

Jack so that seems like another dead end for some help I was hopeing that mite be a easy way out. Wow sounds rite can't understand why they don't want to help us. So I guess geting copys of the comidation letters is out to. This whole fire deal has realy screwed me on this project and I know what I need is out there. Will they give you any help at all point you in rite direction? I will pay even thow the n/a wnated 60bucks for his IDPF and I got it free from army H/R dept.

The NPRC doesn't have IDPF in their records, they have records that envolve the soldier BEFORE his death. If those records are in the archives, they will charge you for them. As you stated, the IDPF will be free of charge. Both files have information which MAY help you reconstruct the record. However, if the NPRC does not have any information that effect his awards, I doubt that you will find any information to help your cause.

blitzkrieg gsd

The Archives say all is records were lost in the fire iv tryedbtwice to get them. All I got back was a letter saying I could get copys of the IDPF file for 60the bucks. Do you think it must be something diffrent then the IDPF file they were talking about.

Seems like I remember reading about ordering replacement medals for vets. If you can do who do I need to contact about it? I'm not having any luck getting records from the n/a keep getting there fire excuse. All I have been able to get was his IDPF had some info I needed but didn't give me a list of his awards. I'm working on a shadow box and I got a good idea of what he earned but I was thinking if I could order replacement awards they wouldn't give me anything he wasn't supposed to have. Would they also give me copy's or new citations to go with them. Any help you guys can give is great all of you know I have been working on this project for my uncle for a couple yrs now. Its coming along but its been a tough ride so thanks again guys for any help.

You are also completely "SOL" on getting new citations as well. The government does not re-issue citations for medals which were previously awarded. Even if you can manage to get a copy of his records, they will only re-issue his actual medals, but not the citations. Issuing the citations was pretty much a one time deal. It didn't used to be that way, but IIRC they stopped replacing the citations in the late 80's or early 90's.

About a year ago I request my wives Grandfathers records. Natually I got the fire letter. A year after that I tried requesting his medals online. 4 months later I got a box in the mail with all his replacements. Even though the records were destroyed they somehow got them to me.