• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

found this on the bay. looks like a nice complete set. tried for it but got outbid about 12 mins ago. these ones are getting harder to find.

Philip

usmc helmet

Actively Seeking:

WW2 USN/USMC Attributed/Named Purple Heart Groups

WW2 USN/USMC Combat Aviation Groups

WW2 and Prior USN/USMC Medal Groups

Contact me if you have something

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

here is a picture of it. its up to $352.00 now. hopefully someone on here will get it.

post-25965-1321219835.jpg

Actively Seeking:

I bet this one will make a significant jump before the auction is over. Interesting the seller doesn't seem to know it has a USMC cover on it, with proper description and title, I bet it would go for a lot more money.

-Steve

i bet it would too. i was watching it from the beginning hoping it wouldnt go for much so i could get it, oh well. i was in until $225 but got outbid. at least i found a complete WW2 USMC officer uniform w/ dress cap at the swapmeet :w00t:

phiip

Actively Seeking:

yea its a great price since these go for $500+ just wish i had deeper pockets. :lol:

philip

Actively Seeking:

Nope, didn't happen...$360 +$22..I hope you guys know what you're talking about price wise. That's a lot of money for a rusty lid with a ripped cover..thing looks like it's been through a war!.

Rob

its in pretty darn good shape for a rare helmet like this.the ony rust i saw was a slithg ring around the inside of the helmet and the cover is in great shape just a very small tear. usually they are missing something but its complete. im regreting not pressing the bid button but i just didnt have enough $. i really wanted that lid! :pinch: :crying:

philip

Actively Seeking:

yea, that went for a great price! someone got a helluva deal!

philip

Actively Seeking:

Woaw, that went for a good price! I wish I had the money as well. Hopefully someone here got it.

Someone did. It was me. I saw this thread two minutes before the auction ended and threw a totally off the cuff bid of $360.50 which was like the minimum bid over the current price. Never thought that was going to win it for that price and really had no interest in winning it. I just threw a bid on it for the team here. Having said all of that I'm looking forward to getting it now. I sold some stuff this week so that will pay for it.

Philip, sorry Sir. I wish you had won it too.

Rob

Someone did. It was me. I saw this thread two minutes before the auction ended and threw a totally off the cuff bid of $360.50 which was like the minimum bid over the current price. Never thought that was going to win it for that price and really had no interest in winning it. I just threw a bid on it for the team here. Having said all of that I'm looking forward to getting it now. I sold some stuff this week so that will pay for it.

Rob

Congrats!! Nice score on that one.

-Steve

The cover alone is probably worth the final price, looks like you got a free fixed bail and liner thrown in!!......mike :thumbsup:

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

Rob

:crying: that sums it up.

philip

Actively Seeking:

Thats a very desirable WWII cover with the slits and slits in the flaps with just the right amount of wear and look to it, you done good!....and if you ever wanted to sell it, im sure phillip would buy it off you!.......mike :thumbsup:

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

Thats a very desirable WWII cover with the slits and slits in the flaps with just the right amount of wear and look to it, you done good!....and if you ever wanted to sell it, im sure phillip would buy it off you!.......mike :thumbsup:

Good to know Sir. Thank you. Heck I was happy with my repro "Pacific" cover from SPRPROPS. I don't know one from the other really.

Rob

That's funny ... I throw a $350 bid just to try, but was pretty sure I'd be outbid, I'm glad you won this auction, it's a fine fixed bail with a good legit USMC cover :thumbsup: ... I'm even pretty sure that the leather chinstrap is a green buckle one :think:

Collecting USMC AEF 1917-18 & PTO 1941-45, US Navy PTO 1941-45.

Most seeked items : USMC dog tags from 1915 to 1945, USN corpsman dog tags and other identified items, USN id'd M1 helmets.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Ha. Funny, you almost had it. Yes, it's a green buckle chin strap.

Rob

Don't forget to post photos of the lid and cover when you'll get them at home ;)

Collecting USMC AEF 1917-18 & PTO 1941-45, US Navy PTO 1941-45.

Most seeked items : USMC dog tags from 1915 to 1945, USN corpsman dog tags and other identified items, USN id'd M1 helmets.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif