776th Amphibious Tank Bn KIA group

TBMflyer

danielrosenwinkel
On 6/18/2009 at 11:36 PM, TBMflyer said:

Thanks for the comments, actually the grouping is back in hands of the family. I'm still doing research on it but is back where it belongs, with his daughter. Mark

Hi Mark! 
I know this is an old post, but I have letters of condolences written to the family of Maj. Ottoman in the weeks and months following his death. If you still have the family’s contact information I’d love to get these letters back to them. Here are a few written by follow Army and Marine officers. There many more written by civilians in the group. Please feel free to PM me if you have the contact info. 
Daniel

IMG_5028.jpeg

IMG_5029.jpeg

IMG_5030.jpeg

IMG_5031.jpeg

IMG_5032.jpeg

IMG_5033.jpeg

BigJohn#3RD

Daniel,

Welcome to the forum. These letters are indeed an amazing find and very generous on your part to reunite the letters that speak of this young Major's imprint on other serving officers.

Best regards,

John

militariaone

Greetings All,

Another article that may have not been viewed before discusses how he came to be KIA. From Newspapers.com.

Best,

V/r Lance

Chicago Tribune Jul 22, 1945.jpg

Thanks Lance et al, I will print the article out and send it to his granddaughter who has all the medals and paperwork. I very much appreciate the interest in Maj Ottoman and the fact that he is still remembered by others outside his family. This is why I love this forum!

Mark

Just an update to let everyone know that I have received the letters from Daniel and they are on the way to Maj. Ottoman's granddaughter who has his medals and memorabilia, I put them into acid-free holders and they will be added to the binder of his orders and paperwork.

Big thanks to Daniel for so kindly shipping them to me so I could move them along to her.

You kind sir, are one of the good ones!! Kudos!

Mark