Sergeant Edmund L Piasecke -

ThompsonSavage

ThompsonSavage

I am looking for any information concerning this veteran.

He was born on October 8, 1908, was married to Isabel and had a daughter called Joan Barbara. Edmund joined up in 1943 and trained at Camp Davis North Carolina, went overseas on February 28 1944, fought in Normandy, Northern France and the Rhine (AA unit and ground combat).

Is there a way to find out in which unit he fought?

I found one picture of him (posted below) and also one of Edmund Piasecki (a 87 chemical mortar vet) but I doubt they are the same person.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

post-45626-1321198168.jpg

Gregory

Is Piasecke a common name in Poland?

According to the Polish online data base of the Polish names at present there is 9,332 Piaseckis in Poland (population of Poland is 38.2 million).

I think that "Piasecke" is a little Americanized "Piasecki" -- it sounds identically. I would say it is typical -- my cousin Helen Badensky of Milwaukee would be Helena Badeńska in Poland.

ThompsonSavage

NARA has records for both names (Edmund Piasecke and Edmund Piasecki). So they are two different soldiers. My veteran is not the 87 chemical mortarman.

Ancestry.com shows Edmund Luke Piasecke, born 1908, died 21 May 1992 Green lake County, WI.

Here is obit on possible wife: May be able to contact his children

Isabelle Rosalie Piasecke (nee Borzick) age 98 of Princeton, died on June 23, 2011.

She was born on March 28, 1913, in Harrisville, a daughter of the late Frank and Rose (Kasierski) Borzick.

Isabelle married Edmund Piasecke on Thanksgiving Day, November 22, 1945 in Princeton.

Isabelle’s involvement in St. John the Baptist parish most recently included preparation of the “little aprons” for use during the annual parish picnic in August, at which she had worked until she was 90. Her service to the parish in which she was baptized and married spanned decades and included cooking in the parish school and ten years co-leading the meals served after funerals. She had been a member of the Rosary Society and the St. Anne Court of Women’s Catholic Order of Foresters.

Isabelle enjoyed baking, especially cinnamon rolls and cookies of all kinds, crocheting, knitting, and “visiting” with folks.

Survivors include her daughters, Joan Shrout, Brown Deer, and Carol Worringer (Tom), Wauwatosa; three grandchildren: Joshua (Amy) Shrout, Granger, IN, Katie Worringer, San Francisco, CA, and Michael Worringer (Brittani), Madison, WI; two great-grandchildren: Wilson and Evelyn Shrout; sister, Bernice Mittelstedt, Harrisville; brother, Ed Borzick (Helen), Harrisville; over thirty nieces and nephews; her “good neighbors” and other friends. Isabelle was preceded in death by her husband, Edmund, and eight brothers and sisters: Andrew Borzick, Walter Borzick, Josephine Pinkowski, Monica Giguere, Cecilia Issacs, Dorothy MacKeracher, Veronica Van Hoose, and Margaret Polivka.

• 3 years later...

Hello ThompsonSavage,

Realize I'm responding to a post here that is 3.5 years old, but I came across this post and thought I should sign up for the forum and leave a message on the off chance you might receive it. Edmund Piasecke was my grandfather. What is your interest in learning about him? To answer your question, he was part of Battery A, 391st AAA (AW) Battalion.

Hello ThompsonSavage,

Realize I'm responding to a post here that is 3.5 years old, but I came across this post and thought I should sign up for the forum and leave a message on the off chance you might receive it. Edmund Piasecke was my grandfather. What is your interest in learning about him? To answer your question, he was part of Battery A, 391st AAA (AW) Battalion.

I sent him a message to check your response. Hopefully, ThompsonSavage will contact you. Thanks for your response.

Sarge