1st Marine Brigade FMF Parch bought today

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

A Retirement Mobile Home Park had their community yard sale today. In the past 6 years I've bought everything from Military Rifles to Flags. I did not find much today except a few things from a Marine Gunny Sgt vet late 50's early 60's. I can not find any ref on this patch F M F Eagle holding a bomb and a bayonet. He said when President Eisenhower had a secret meeting with Cambodia Officials etc. He was one of the Security Guards. I also got a Devil Dog Bolo tie and an iron-on USMC Bulldog which I'm listing in FS later. Thanks for any info on this patch. Richard

suwanneetrader

The ones I found on line at $4. had the eagle with a white head, this one it is gold and black like the body so I had hoped this one was a vintage one. ?? Richard

It probably IS 'vintage', so to speak, and from the era the Gunny served. However, any USMC SSI that is of 'post' WWII manufacture is going to be for 'float jacket' 'private use' only and not authorized to be worn on a uniform. (Squadron patches of course don't count).

suwanneetrader

Thankyou All. I will add it to the bolo "Devil Dogs" and other item I got from him in the Misc. FS section as not old enough for me to want to keep. Richard