USAAF Sweetheart Bracelet

hirsca

Estate sale find today. The bracelet measures only 7", for a very petite wrist. Center piece measures about 1 3/8" wide. Anyone seen anything like this from a similar maker? Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1321064313.jpg

post-12790-1321064338.jpg

post-12790-1321064349.jpg

post-12790-1321064360.jpg

Yes, I have one similar from my grandmother, it is a set of navy pilot wings though. It has the same markings as yours.

Thanks for the reply Austin R. Very interesting. Any history to share about yours? Unfortunately, the lady whose estate sale I purchased this at had passed on, but the people running the sale said that she had divorced the Air Force guy shortly after the war, hence the almost unused condition. It's still interesting that she kept it. Al.

Thanks for the reply Austin R. Very interesting. Any history to share about yours? Unfortunately, the lady whose estate sale I purchased this at had passed on, but the people running the sale said that she had divorced the Air Force guy shortly after the war, hence the almost unused condition. It's still interesting that she kept it. Al.

This is a really late reply

My Grandmother went to Alantic City High School. She befriended a Senior who later became a Navel Aviator. We think she was engaged to him, because she said her Fiancé lived in Flordia and that is where he was training out of (and lives today). She did not want to marry him and married my Grandfather.

I looked him up and he is still alive today, but I am afraid to call him.

This is a really late reply

My Grandmother went to Alantic City High School. She befriended a Senior who later became a Navel Aviator. We think she was engaged to him, because she said her Fiancé lived in Flordia and that is where he was training out of (and lives today). She did not want to marry him and married my Grandfather.

I looked him up and he is still alive today, but I am afraid to call him.

Very interesting story Austin R. Any chance of seeing a pic of yours? Thanks, Al.

The style is different, but it has the same markings.

He is also the pilot on the left. I was happy that I figured out it was him so I could elimate the founder of the American Nazi Party who was another Navy Aviator from Alantic City High. :lol: My grandmother marked who was killed and what branch they were in during the war in the yearbook.

IMG_0333.jpg