DO you like Turtle CAMO !!!! YES I DO

Well this came up a month ago and i had to have it, it was expensive but its just the most beautiful m1 i have seen. The soldier really took his time on this one.

Seems to be a mosquito net or some type of sandbag used for the camo net, then painted with oils.

Has anyone seen one like this before ?

Would love your opinions, also can anyone please help me track the soldier with his hand stitched Number, i really need to find this artist :thumbsup:

post-8861-1321039775.jpg

"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions."

Always looking for ww2 USMC items, helmets and any camo'd items

"thinking outside of the box"

New website

https://combatusedmilitaria.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this came up a month ago and i had to have it, it was expensive but its just the most beautiful m1 i have seen. The soldier really took his time on this one.

Seems to be a mosquito net or some type of sandbag used for the camo net, then painted with oils.

Has anyone seen one like this before ?

Would love your opinions, also can anyone please help me track the soldier with his hand stitched Number, i really need to find this artist :thumbsup:

post-8861-1321039805.jpg

New website

that diffrent,pretty cool, what colors are the paint?

Ok the colours have a meat brown colour with the beige lines and also a blue green colour. Kind of like the usmc camo colour, can anyone help with the stitched number inside to trace him please

New website

I do not want to ruin your day, but I REALLY am not getting a US vibe on this cover. The material, construction, color, and everything scream foreign to me. M1s were used by tons of different countries after the war. The serial number is also 9 digits and has a later in front of it...not something you would see for US WWII.

Justin

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Hi,

while it has a great look I'm a bit unsure in the close up shot of the handstitched numbers, the edge of the fabric looks to be overlocked? This looks like modern overlocking to me, but could be wrong hard to tell from the photo. 1940s overlocking and modern is quite different.

Maybe more detailed pics?

AG

donation2015.gif

Hi,

while it has a great look I'm a bit unsure in the close up shot of the handstitched numbers, the edge of the fabric looks to be overlocked? This looks like modern overlocking to me, but could be wrong hard to tell from the photo. 1940s overlocking and modern is quite different.

Maybe more detailed pics?

AG

I am thinking 60's or 70's foreign used helmet.

Justin

I am thinking 60's or 70's foreign used helmet.

Justin

It's a fixed bail with a ww2 liner firestone and the number is a 10 digit but I can't see a us stamp on the rim like most ? I'm now worried

New website

I do not want to ruin your day, but I REALLY am not getting a US vibe on this cover. The material, construction, color, and everything scream foreign to me. M1s were used by tons of different countries after the war. The serial number is also 9 digits and has a later in front of it...not something you would see for US WWII.

Justin

My thoughts exactly.

It's a fixed bail with a ww2 liner firestone and the number is a 10 digit but I can't see a us stamp on the rim like most ? I'm now worried

WWII helmets were used much after the war even until modern day. I believe someone posted a recent photo of an M1 still being worn in the Middle East. As for the serial number, I am not sure. I just know that enlisted men during WWII had a standard 8 digit number.

Justin

WWII helmets were used much after the war even until modern day. I believe someone posted a recent photo of an M1 still being worn in the Middle East. As for the serial number, I am not sure. I just know that enlisted men during WWII had a standard 8 digit number.

Justin

Justin I'm worried I paid a lot for the camo and too be honest the turtle shell effect is often seen on german helmets, I paid a lot for it, I want a star piece, if it's not US as I was sold it then it's not for me. Yes it's very nice but it was sold as a ww2 camo us helmet.

New website