Red Cross Playing Cards

hirsca

Not a particularly rare item, but the first ones that I have come across. Same estate sale find as the WW2 USMC chevrons posted earlier. Gotta have a deck of cards for those "hurry up and wait" times. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1320976634.jpg

post-12790-1320976649.jpg

post-12790-1320976663.jpg

I purchased a grouping of a 4th Division D-Day veteran from his family, and in the pile of "stuff" was a complete Red Cross hbt gift bag with all the original contents. It had a set of these playing cards Red Cross marked, as well as a RC marked toothbrush, toothpaste, and various other sundry items. He never used anything from it-just shoved it in his duffel and left it there for 60 years.

I purchased a grouping of a 4th Division D-Day veteran from his family, and in the pile of "stuff" was a complete Red Cross hbt gift bag with all the original contents. It had a set of these playing cards Red Cross marked, as well as a RC marked toothbrush, toothpaste, and various other sundry items. He never used anything from it-just shoved it in his duffel and left it there for 60 years.

Well, I hope that he didn't give up brushing his teeth! :lol:

Are yours dated on the box also?

Thanks, Al.

You mean like this? :w00t:

35170af.jpg

Well, I hope that he didn't give up brushing his teeth! :lol:

Are yours dated on the box also?

Thanks, Al.

Yes. I'll post a picture of the grouping soon. The toothbrush was originally in a plastic type liner, but it was mostly brittle and broken away when I got it. Has a pack of Raleighs in it (1943 series), and an armed services copy of "African Queen."