Armored Crews

dartheric1

During WWII, what was the typical Rank Structure of a tank crew, more specifically an M4 Sherman Crew. Being a Driver, Assis Driver/ Radio Op, Loader, Gunner and Commander. If anyone could give me typical rank structures of these types of crews, it'd be greatly appreciated! Please stick to WWII though, nmot post war TO&E's

Regards

During WWII, what was the typical Rank Structure of a tank crew, more specifically an M4 Sherman Crew. Being a Driver, Assis Driver/ Radio Op, Loader, Gunner and Commander. If anyone could give me typical rank structures of these types of crews, it'd be greatly appreciated! Please stick to WWII though, nmot post war TO&E's

Regards

From what I know there would be the offical crew rank structure then the realistic combat structure. Command tanks would have as they're commander the ranking man in whatevere unit it was, Battalion = Lieutenant Colonel or Major, Company= Captain or 1st Lieutenant, Platoon= 1st Lieutenant or more commonly 2nd Lieutenant. On the lower level, in platoons the platoon sergeant=Technical Sergeant, and in the other platoon tanks=Staff Sergeants or Sergeants. the crews in any of the other positions could be of any of the other ranks from to include Sergeants and corporal down to Private. Many times the Radio Operator was a Technican 5th Class as he may have specialy trained in signal communications.