ANA uniform to an SF advisor

316th FS 324th FG

Tell me about this because I am of vacant mind with this modern stuff.

I'll have to join in on this request also. What is ANA? Tried looking it up, but too many groups use ANA and I am assuming this isn't from the American Nursing Association!

easterneagle87
I'll have to join in on this request also. What is ANA? Tried looking it up, but too many groups use ANA and I am assuming this isn't from the American Nursing Association!

I believe it refers to the Afgan National Army. Check the patches and current velcro set up.

316th FS 324th FG

Yes, ANA refers to the Afghan National Army. Sorry, I should have been more clear in my initial post.

This soldier is a US soldier who was assigned as an advisor to the Afghans. I have also seen photos of US contractors wearing this uniform when working alongside the ANA. I think a decent comparision would be US advisors embedded with a local national units in Vietnam.

The camo pattern is from Hyperstealth, it is their Spec4ce Forest pattern, I believe. Most of the patches are actually ACU patches, although one of the tabs is a multicam tab.

316th FS 324th FG
Thanks for the clarification! That is a stunning looking uniform! Do you know the vet well? Maybe you can get an interview with him.

Thanks, it is a really neat uniform. I do know him and am documenting his service.

Wow, that is really a cool uniform especially when you know the owner. I have friends going over so will see if they can get one. Another friend said he has a set of tigerstripes made in Iraq for me. his team was wearing them and they also looked quite cool. Congratulations and thanks for sharing them.