A-2, Need your opinions

Chief Bast

Unusual to have the B-24 artwork on the back in applique form. Most commonly they're simply painted directly onto the jacket. I hope the knitwear is sound and that it hasn't been cropped from the photos to conceal any damage. They are often to be found mothed or snagged, but as Johnny said, if necessary they can be replaced (had it done myself once)...but most purists would tend to leave as is...unless of course they planned to wear it!! :w00t:

Ian

The applied painted patch is not common but often seen on Italian done jackets.I have a 79th Fighter jacket and he was a P47 pilot.Jacket has two paintings on it.There is an oval leather patch with his plane painted on it and you can see a painted edge protruding from under the leather patch.THe jacket is named in the interior to another and you can see a smaller group patch was removed.I posted the jacket on the forum but need to get better pics of it.

Drew

Whats the other jacket peeking out in the picture ? !!! :)

The one in post #22? Unfortunately it's not a different one; it's the same one reflected in a mirror. :)

Thanks for the feedback and comments on the jacket, guys. Much appreciated!

Regards,

Drew